The TOGAF 9 Certified training course is a 5-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curriculum of both Level 1 and Level 2.
Learning Results After the Training
Level 1 (Foundation) ensures that professionals gain knowledge and understanding of the terminology, basic concepts and the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF® 9. Level 2 focuses on TOGAF 9 implementation, enabling professionals to analyze and apply knowledge of TOGAF.
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The TOGAF certification program
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- Understand and apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content FrameworkUnderstand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
This training course was developed for anyone who would like to learn about and/or start applying TOGAF 9 and who wants to be certified. This includes business, enterprise, and IT architects and consultants.
TOGAF is presented through the a mix theory, exercises and assignments. This variety in learning methods makes it easier for the subject matter to stick. Finally, our instructors are domain experts with years of hands-on experience.
Exam and Certification
In this training you prepare for the TOGAF Level 2 exam. After successful completion of the exam, you will be accredited with the TOGAF Level 2 distinction and registered in The Open Group Register for TOGAF Certified Architects.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have IT domain experience. Note: to be certified for TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF 9 Level 1 exam.
TOGAF 9 Practitioner Student Handbook, which includes all course slides and exam preparation documents.