Advanced Practical Project Management (PMP Practitioner)
This course enhances project management competencies with a focus on value-adding activities to increase effectiveness of projects. The course is essential for PMP certified project…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Advanced Practical Project Management (PMP Practitioner)
This course enhances project management competencies with a focus on value-adding activities to increase effectiveness of projects. The course is essential for PMP certified project managers or experienced practitioners (including Program and Portfolio Managers) who want to further refine their project management.
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Portfolio Managers
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their ability to:
- Identify key contributors to project failure and apply specific project management techniques to reduce those causes.
- Perform project initiation activities in a meaningful way to build a solid project foundation.
- Construct a robust communication that involves a “team contract” to ensure effective and efficient communication throughout the project.
- Explore key areas of project risk, assess their impact and identify options for responding.
- Discuss the area of quality planning and the measurement of the cost of quality.
- Review planning practices and approaches to establish a realistic project definition and approach.
- Plan specific actions to overcome key challenges of working within a Matrix Organization.
- Apply techniques to reduce scope creep during project planning, monitoring, and control.
- Compare current project status to the original plan to identify potential problems and make proactive decisions based on accurate data.
- Perform project control activities to ensure realistic reporting and to allow preventive and corrective action where required.
- Recognize elements of a properly closed out project, and avoid the “project that never dies” syndrome.
- Course Introduction
Section 1: Concepts, Methodology and Lifecycle review
Section 2: Project Initiation
- Project Charter Essentials
- Stakeholder Analysis – Taking it up a notch
Section 3: Project Planning – Managing what Matters
- Refresher – Planning scope, Time and Cost
- Focusing on what matters
- Planning Risk
- Planning Quality
- Planning Communication
- Establishing a charge control mechanism
Section 4: Project Execution and Control
- Managing Human Resources
- Project Status and Reporting
- Project Controls
Section 5: Closing a Project
- Performing Proper closeout
- Identifying and Implementing Meaningful Lessons
Section 6: Project Integration: Putting it all together
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Advanced Practical Project Management (PMP Practitioner)
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?