Agile for Product Owners
When an organization makes the decision to adopt agile, it takes much more than pulling together a development team and allowing them to work in…
What is included in Agile for Product Owners
When an organization makes the decision to adopt agile, it takes much more than pulling together a development team and allowing them to work in an iterative manner. Agile is a true shift in how individuals collaborate, communicate and operate. Agile requires an “all in” mindset from both business and technology where all individuals work together to deliver business value in the form of working software.
The Agile for Product Owners course will provide the knowledge to understand and apply the principles of agile. At the end of the course, participants will be able to effectively plan, prioritize and manage a product roadmap to deliver business value, understand the role of the Product Owner and the development team within an iterative process, and gain the skills necessary to become an agile leader to drive your organization to the next level.
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Team Leadership
- Project Managers
Individuals certified at this level::
- Understand Agile Practices and Principles
- Learn the role, responsibilities, and characteristics needed to become an effective Product Owner
- Explore the roles and characteristics of a strong agile team and learn what a Product Owner needs to do to support an agile team
- Dispel the myth that mid and long term planning are abandoned with Agile
- Develop user personas and write user stories to build out and manage a product backlog
- Discuss and understand typical ceremonies conducted within a sprint in an agile development process
- Explore what it means to be an agile leader and the importance of servant leadership
Section I: Agile Overview
- What is Agile?
- Why Agile?
- Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Agile Methodologies
- Sprint Overview
Section II. Product Owner Overview
- Role of the Product Owner
- Responsibilities of the PO
- Characteristics needed to be a supportive PO
Section III. The Agile Team
- Roles of an Agile Team
- Characteristics of a strong Agile Team
- Supporting an Agile Team
Section IV. Agile Planning
- 5 Levels of Planning
- Vision Development
- Product Road Mapping
- Feature Prioritization
- Release Planning
Section V: Building and Managing the Backlog
- User Personas
- Writing User Stories
- Sizing User Stories
Section VI: Sprint Planning and Execution
- Sprint Planning
- Backlog Refinement
Section VII: Agile Leadership
- What is Agile Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Attributes of Agile Leaders
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Agile for Product Owners
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?