Many organizations are being forced to invest in Information management as a new IT management capability. BiSL® (Business Information Service Library) is the latest ITSM…
|Duration||1 Day (8 hours)|
What is included in Bookstore™
Many organizations are being forced to invest in Information management as a new IT management capability. BiSL® (Business Information Service Library) is the latest ITSM framework to help bring this under control. However many are struggling to understand what Information management is, how and why BiSL can help? How to engage with the Business to ensure that both Business & IT assume their responsibilities?
This simulation helps business and IT people understand the need for Information management and helps develop dialogue and concrete actions for dealing with these issues.
- Understand the Concepts of Information Management
- Understanding the relationship between Business managers, Information Management, Applications and Infrastructure Management
- Design and apply Information Management processes such as Information Requirements, Managing Functionality, Applications Management
- Understand how BiSL (Business Information Service Library) can be used to assess IM Capabilities, Create Dialogue with the Business and help Structure and Improve IM Capabilities
In this simulation, participants play employees of the company BookStore™. This company sells books and has 150 shops in the country. Management has an ambitious growth plan. In the course of the game, BookStore™, will introduce new products and services. BookStore™ intends to interact with its customers by using smartphones.
Participants of this simulation will manage sources of information and applications. They will learn to recognize what the information needs of the Business are. They will have to consider how user support and supplier management should be implemented.
The information manager shall put together an information plan based on the business plans of BookStore™. To achieve this, an analysis of the current infrastructure and applications will have to be made. The availability of new technology should also be checked in cooperation with the external supplier.The information manager will work closely together with the business managers and other roles in IT, and the Business, in order to translate the business plan to the right solutions. Examples are:
- Increase of Provided Services
- Changes to Current Services
- Optimization of Infrastructure
Duration: 1 Day (8 hours)
Domain: Service Management
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English, Dutch
- IT managers, team leads, process managers and employees
- Business managers and business employees.
Each of the simulations will be customized towards your own organizational learning objectives and problems to be solved. You will have demonstrated your understanding of:
- Establishing a dialogue between Business & IT. To understand information needs and align investment and decision making
- Implement information management. Perform information analysis and planning, managing the flow of information, Execution of Information related roles in both IT and the business
- Planning of migrations, changes and withdrawal of old systems and information.
- Effective resource management and allocation in relation to Information management
- Reporting and managing costs of Information provisioning
- Use of emerging technology to support business strategic ambitions.
- Align user support and service desk
- How to use best practice frameworks such as BiSL and ASL to support Information and application management
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Bookstore™
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?