Certified Software Asset Manager
The IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) Course provides a foundation for managing software assets, as well as knowledge of the ever-changing variables that occur…
|Certificate||Certified Software Asset Manager|
What is included in Certified Software Asset Manager
The IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) Course provides a foundation for managing software assets, as well as knowledge of the ever-changing variables that occur within the field. From software piracy and compliance issues, to legislation and organizational challenges, it is necessary to evaluate both the external and internal forces that are bringing changes to how organizations manage their IT Assets. A successful Software Asset Manager must look at the overall goals of the organization and determine where Software Asset Management can play a strategic role in achieving those goals. In this course, students will learn best practices in Software Asset Management, as well as the when and why to question why something should or should not be done, how to clearly identify goals, and how to quantify success.
Certification: Certified Software Asset Manager
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: IT Governance and Strategy
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
The two-day CSAM Course is designed for those individuals with minimal to no experience in the field of Software Asset Management. It is essential learning for beginning IT Asset Managers and other IT professionals involved in asset management, resource budgeting, finance, software licensing, contract management and strategic planning.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Implement and build controls for software inventories, ultimately linking licensing, usage, locations and documentation for all software products
- Maintain visibility into software asset processes and build controls for software assets throughout the lifecycle to uncover more savings and value while reducing support and rollout costs and maintain compliance
- Develop, implement and promote policies, processes and procedures for software acquisitions, installations, usage and disposition
- Ensure that all parties understand and adhere to legal requirements for using software
- Provide the correct applications to the specified users at optimal intervals to obtain the best value and to eliminate unnecessary software products
- Utilize available resources to solve problems, being aware that Software Asset Management (SAM) issues interrelate and impact important business objectives
- Enact and maintain a proactive Software Asset Management program or continually work towards replacing reactive processes
- Use software policies, processes and procedures to identify and thwart software piracy and theft
- Provide strategic direction to the creation and maintenance of an effective Vendor
- Empower, train and support all assigned Asset Management personnel
- Build and nurture productive relationships with all other business units, both those that have interaction with the IT business functions and those that are customers
- Encourage and maintain executive management support for all IT related endeavors
- Provide employee awareness of Software Asset Management
- Conduct responsibilities and tasks in support of the CITAM
- Introduction to IAITAM
- Instructor Introduction
- Student introductions
- ITAM Code of Ethics
- Description of a CSAM
- Overview of the ITAM Program
- IAITAM Key Process Areas
- Communication and Education
- Policy and Procedures
- Compliance Management
- Software industry member organizations
- Compliance preparations
- Proactive vs. Reactive SAM
- Software Licensing
- License types
- Discovery and Repository tools, Uninstall tools
- Cost Savings and Benefits
- Acquisitions & Negotiations
- Terms and Conditions
- Finance Management
- Software Management
- Business Continuity & Contingency planning
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Certified Software Asset Manager
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?