Choose Your Own IT (Service) Management Improvement Battles
Do you want to improve the performance of your IT Management organization? Is the business dissatisfied with your services? Do your team members need an…
|Duration||Minimum 8 hours|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Choose Your Own IT (Service) Management Improvement Battles
Do you want to improve the performance of your IT Management organization? Is the business dissatisfied with your services? Do your team members need an energy boost? Could your way of work be improved?
Improvement initiatives often fail because people bite off more than they can chew. During a workshop they identify various improvement initiatives and genuinely want to tackle them, but then get bogged down in their day job. Their initial enthusiasm turns sour, with people feeling guilty that they haven’t been able to perform as expected, or blaming their managers for getting them into this mess. No wonder that future improvement initiatives are regarded with some “there we go again” cynicism. The ‘choose your own battles’ approach avoids this major pitfall by only selecting initiatives that the participants consider really worthwhile, and honestly assessing both their practical capabilities to execute and the possibilities and limitations of the organizational ecosystem.
Duration: Minimum 8 hours
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Customizable Courseware
This workshop is for heads of IT Management departments who are struggling with their Application Management and/or IT Service Management services. Their concerns might be caused by problems with relationships with their business and IT partners, processes, staff knowledge/skills/motivation, tools etc. The issues could be strategic, managerial or operational.
The workshop participants are the head of the department plus (a selection of) his or her co-workers, up to a recommended maximum of 15 per workshop, which could be stretched to 20 participants. Larger departments would be spread across multiple workshops.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- How to assess the ‘health’ of their current way of working
- How to identify specific improvement items that are worth improving
- How to assess the feasibility of successfully executing these improvement items
- Kick-off and introduction
- Kick-off by client to set the scene
- Introduction by each participant, with background, expectations, issues and mottos
- Presentation of frame of reference for the clients’ specific IT services
- Presentation of the ‘big IT picture’ model as a frame of reference
- Interactive creation of a high-level assessment of the IT function, based on the big IT picture model
- Presentation of a ‘framework of frameworks’, to position many common industry practices
- High-level presentation of some relevant frameworks or standards that may be useful when discussing the quick scan results
- Presentation about how to ‘implement’ frameworks effectively
- Presentation of the IT value circle on which the quick scan is based
- Discussion of similarities and differences in quick scan findings
- Presentation of compiled quick scan results
- Discussion of high-level similarities and differences
- Presentation of a way to assess the value of potential improvement items
- Identification and qualification of potential improvement items
- Discussion about each quick scan item and identification of potential improvement items, including provisional ranking of value, resulting in a list of potential improvement items
- Ranking of potential improvement items
- Discussion about the relative value of each potential improvement item, resulting in an updated list with value scores
- Assessment of feasibility of improvement items and division of items into quick wins and longer term improvement areas
- Presentation of Covey’s Circles as a way of identifying which improvements are feasible and which are a ‘mission impossible’
- Discussion about the feasibility of each potential improvement item, resulting in an updated list with feasibility scores
- Identification of ‘improvement ambassadors’
- Enlistment of volunteers to undertake improvements
- Provisional planning of improvement activities
- Provisional planning of the quick wins and high priority potential improvement items
- Discussion about how to keep the improvement wheel turning
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Choose Your Own IT (Service) Management Improvement Battles
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?