Communication Skills Fundamentals
In the business world, success of an individual and a team depends on the ability of individuals to communicate with others in different circumstances, whether…
What is included in Communication Skills Fundamentals
In the business world, success of an individual and a team depends on the ability of individuals to communicate with others in different circumstances, whether face to face or virtually. Every interaction with another person determines how you are perceived and is an opportunity to develop trust and exert positive influence.
In modern life, miscommunication is an extensive problem that may affect the outcome of situations in everyday life. There is enough evidence in today’s business world of the cost of miscommunication in time, effort and money. When we consider the effects that communication, or the lack of it, can have in the professional environment, we understand how important it is to get it right from the start or fix it without delays. Therefore communicating effectively is one of the most powerful skills for achieving your objectives.
This course develops your ability to focus on your outcome and achieve your goals, tune in to your audience and develop your message for clarity and impact. This course will introduce you to the flow of communication, understand situational communication and have the opportunity to practice effective communication techniques.
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Process Improvement
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define communication.
- Identify the different parts and effect of communication.
- Understand the different types of communications: assertive, passive, and aggressive.
- Understand how to effectively use verbal, non-verbal and written communication techniques and the importance of each.
- Listen and draw out the right information.
- Understand communication influencers.
- Present using various basic techniques.
- Become a stronger communicator by acknowledging and improving your personal characteristics and skills: honesty, respect, trust, empathy and more.
Before we Begin
- Welcome / Introductions
- Purpose / Inspiration
- Course Dynamics
- Intake / Results / Wordweb
- Social Skills 101
What is Communication?
- Stages Involved
- Skills Required
- Video #1 – History of Communication
- Exercise: Hand Shaking
Preparing for Communication
- Communication Styles
- Communication Flow
- Preventing Poor Communication
- Exercise – Connecting the Dots
- Exercise – Poster Presentations
Communication Skills in Action
- Verbal Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Video #2: Bear and the Rabbit
- Video # 3 – Body Language 4 Success
- Barriers for Effective Communication
- Improving Communication
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Communication Skills Fundamentals
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?