DASA DevOps Professional Enable and Scale
The DASA DevOps Professional Enable & Scale™ certification builds upon DASA DevOps Fundamentals and is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps…
|Certificate||DASA DevOps Professional - Enable and Scale|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Accreditor||Devops Agile Skills Association|
What is included in DASA DevOps Professional Enable and Scale
The DASA DevOps Professional Enable & Scale™ certification builds upon DASA DevOps Fundamentals and is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice.
Faster software deployment, increased deployment frequency, and higher change success rate are only some of the visible outcomes of practicing DevOps. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be big to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have smoothly made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
Professionals who understand the value of courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement, are one important step closer to tapping into the full benefits of DevOps. Indeed, without a thorough understanding of these four skill areas defined by DASA, forming good DevOps teams and implementing change to great effect may very well remain a mirage.
This 2-day course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps with the help of theory, pragmatic examples, exercises, interactive group discussions, and role-plays. By the end of this course, you will not only be able to capitalize on the benefits of becoming proficient in the four skill areas but also be able to apply this knowledge for the benefit of your teams and organizations.
Certification: DASA DevOps Professional - Enable and Scale
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: Devops Agile Skills Association
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
If your current position involves DevOps and/or Continuous Delivery, this may be particularly interesting to you. The DASA DevOps Professional Enable & Scale certification adds value, however, to any individual involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
DASA DevOps Professional Enable and Scale-certified professionals are able to:
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams and assess their maturity.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Course Book
- Group Discussions
Module 2: Teambuilding
- Design Teams:
- Introduction to a DevOps Team
- Characteristics of a DevOps Team
- Boundaries for a DevOps Team
- Build Teams:
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Feedback: Giving and Taking
- Shared Responsibility and Accountability
- Governance on Three Levels
- Governance Within a Team
- Governance Between Teams
- Governance Between Organizations
- External Suppliers
- Governance on Three Levels
Module 3: DevOps Leadership
- Build Culture:
- Create the Right Environment
- Change the Habitual Behavior
- Fail Fast to Improve
- Maintain the Agile Soil
- Create Purpose:
- Know the Importance of Storytelling
- Define the Purpose of Having a Purpose
- Relate Alignment with Autonomy
- Be a Servant Leader:
- Give Control to the Team
- Inspire and Support the Team
- Make Your Own Leadership Manifesto
- Focus on Success:
- Customer Value and Team Success
- Measure and Steer Value
Module 4: Courage
- Build Courage:
- Importance of Courage
- Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Courage in Relationship with Leadership and Feedback
- Courage at the Team Level
- Dealing with Failure
- Think Different:
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
- During Standups
- Standup from Hell
- 10th Man Rule
- Think Different in an Organized Way
- Open Allocation Time
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
Module 5: Value – Customer-Centric Action
- Different Aspects of Value:
- Customer Value
- The Different ‘Voices’
- Stakeholder Management:
- Know Your Stakeholders
- Categorize the Stakeholders
- Combining Lean Startup and DevOps:
- The Lean Startup Process
- The Lean Startup Versus Chaos
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping:
- Product/Service Development Approaches
- Need for Story Mapping
- Creating Story Maps
Module 6: Continuous Improvement
- Build Flow:
- Build Optimal Flow
- Multitasking and One Piece Flow
- Little’s Law and Optimization of Process Lead Time
- Valualize Flow
- Flow and Resource Utilization
- Types of Continuous Improvement:
- Radical Change
- Continuous Improvement Tools:
- Kaizen Event
- Value Stream Mapping
- Visual Management
- Daily Standup
- Five Times ‘Why’
Exam Preparation Guide
Available Courseware For DASA DevOps Professional Enable and Scale
Includes a slide deck suitable for Classroom and Virtual Classroom delivery, instructor notes to guide the trainer through the course delivery, and a version of the Coursebook.
Coursebook with all the relevant information required for the learner to take and pass the exam.
Quizzes or group-based discussions to practise and reinforce a learner's understanding of the course content.
Mock exams that can be taken by the learner with diagnostic feedback so as to help prepare the learner to pass the exam.
Sample agendas for running successful Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Blended Classroom sessions.
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for DASA DevOps Professional Enable and Scale
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?