Elements of Risk Management – The Basics
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
In today’s global economy, every organization has a mission. In this digital era, as organizations critically depend upon information technology (IT) systems to process their…Read More
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Elements of Risk Management – The Basics
In today’s global economy, every organization has a mission. In this digital era, as organizations critically depend upon information technology (IT) systems to process their information for better support of their missions, risk management plays a critical role in protecting an organization’s information assets, and therefore its mission, from IT-related risk. An effective risk management process is an important component of a successful IT security program. The principal goal of an organization’s risk management process should be to protect the organization and its ability to perform their mission, not just its IT assets. Therefore, the risk management process should not be treated primarily as a technical function carried out by the IT experts who operate and manage the IT system, but as an essential management function of the organization.
Risk is the net negative impact of the exercise of a vulnerability, considering both the probability and the impact of occurrence. Risk management is the process of identifying risk, assessing risk, and taking steps to reduce risk to an acceptable level. This course provides an overview into the specific criteria, steps and actions necessary to implement and sustain a comprehensive Information Risk Management program.
Duration: 1 Day
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Customizable Courseware, Pay Per Use Courseware
This workshop is intended for:
- Internal and external auditors (IT, financial, operational)
- Risk Compliance Officers
- Professionals involved in organizational or IT GRC strategic initiative
- Management consultants
- Directors of Human Recourses
- Facilities Managers
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Address various risk methodologies and assess application to individual enterprise environments.
- Explain and utilize risk assessment and analysis methodologies.
- Identify significant components of risk and their respective definitions.
- Define risk management goals and objectives.
- Document risk practices and risk types.
- Recognize the ISO principles of risk management.
- Understand the COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5 elements related to IT risk identification and management.
- Apply the nine (9) steps of the NIST IT risk assessment methodology to an enterprise-wide risk assessment project.
- Prepare and evaluate a Statement of Risk Management.
- Describe the role and value of IT risk management as a basis of proactive corporate governance.
Module 1: RISK MANAGEMENT DEFINITIONS AND PRINCIPLES
Module 2: RISK MANAGEMENT POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Module 3: DEFINING RISK MANAGEMENT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Module 4: NIST ASSESSMENT PROCESS – A BEST PRACTICE
Module 5: COURSE LEARNING SUMMARY
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Elements of Risk Management – The Basics
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?