Financial and Basic Accounting Principles for Project Managers
This course provides participants with information and tools on how to get a better handle on the important area of financial management. The course addresses…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Financial and Basic Accounting Principles for Project Managers
This course provides participants with information and tools on how to get a better handle on the important area of financial management. The course addresses finance-related concepts and techniques to effectively manage projects and programs. The course also provides understanding about corporate finance and basic accounting principles. The course covers techniques related to project reporting and decision making process, as well as financial indicators and corporate financial reports.
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- Project Managers
- Project practitioners
- Individuals taking part in managing budgets
- Individuals who seek to improve their knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate to stakeholders the financial status of the project
- Explain aspects of corporate accounting
- Gain focus on and maintain control over project estimates, profitability and performance
- Show the connection between corporate finances and the impact on projects
- Analyze the financial aspects of projects
- Make informed decision with respect to pricing, contract, progress and project risks
- Use financial information within a project environment to predict/influence final results
- Recognize the project manager’s financial responsibilities
- Introduction and Overview
- Benefits of project management
- Project contracting and procurement
- Key terms
- Financial cycles
- Project Accounting and Financial Basics
- Determine project’s financial needs
- Roles and responsibilities
- Financial statements and balance sheets
- Income statement, revenues and expenses
- Cash flow statement
- Basic accounting
- Financial Justification and the Project Business Case
- Portfolio management: aligning strategy and projects
- Project decision points and gating
- The project business case
- Measure, Control and Forecast – Financial and Profitability Measurements
- Financial principles and common financial metrics
- Review of purposes, measurements and sentiments
- Applying Finance and Accounting Principles to Project Management (including a review of Earned Value Management)
- Project cost estimates and forecasting
- Measuring project performance
- Project financial performance and profitability
- Status reports
- Earned value management
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Financial and Basic Accounting Principles for Project Managers
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?