Fundamentals of Software Testing
Testing is a critical role in software development that requires special skills and knowledge that are not commonly taught to software developers, business analysts and…
What is included in Fundamentals of Software Testing
Testing is a critical role in software development that requires special skills and knowledge that are not commonly taught to software developers, business analysts and project managers. This often results in insufficient time and resources being allocated for this important function, and quality suffers—as do the users of the software. Equally important is the need to measure quality quickly and efficiently because limitations in resources and schedules are realities that aren’t going away. We need to do the best we can with what we have and still deliver high, proven-quality software.
Fundamentals of Software Testing provides an eye-opening view into this challenging task. It provides a complete picture of the testing process, how it fits into the development life cycle, how to properly scope and prioritize testing activities, and what techniques to use for optimal results. This software testing training begins with a deep-dive into the Universal Testing Method, follows with a close look at testing phases, testing approaches, non-functional testing, and testing for different platforms. If time permits, the course finishes up with some bonus material covering an introduction to automation testing and behavior-driven development.
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
Learn new techniques and methodologies that will enhance your current testing and quality programs.
This software testing training course is an immediate benefit to:
- Testers of all types and levels
- Other disciplines who perform their own testing or are involved in testing
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Test Management
- QA Managers
- QA Directors
- Software Engineers
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- IT Specialists (Security, Capacity Management, Networking…)
- Business Stakeholders
- Outsourcer Staff (Buyers and Suppliers)
- Application Development Managers
- Establish a workable definition of software quality and show how testing fits in the quality process
- Understand the Universal Testing Method
- Utilize a combination of skills, tactics, practices and tools to build a base that testers can apply to solve testing problems
- Learn the six common phases of software testing and their characteristics
- Understand how the different test phases correspond to various development methodologies, such as
- Waterfall and Agile
- Understand various approaches to testing and discuss selection of approaches to address the need for both positive and negative testing
- Go beyond functional testing and learn nine types of non-functional testing who typically performs them, what their scope is, what tools are commonly used, and what best practices apply
- Explore software testing platforms and identify each platform’s unique characteristics and important aspects to understand when preparing related tests
- Learn how to optimize your automation testing investment and plan properly for long-term success.
- Understand Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) so testers can be prepared to adopt them using iterative development methods
Introduction and Overview
What to Test and How to Test it — The Universal Testing Method
- Modeling the Testing Space
- Determining Test Coverage
- Determining Test Oracles
- Determining Test Procedures
- Configuring the Test System
- Operating the Test System
- Observing the Test System
- Evaluating Testing Results
- Reporting Test Results
Common Phases of Testing
- Who typically performs the tests
- The scope of the tests
- Common tools used to perform the tests
- Useful techniques and practices
- What the phase addresses well
- What the phase often misses
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- Regression Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Alpha/Beta Testing
- The V-Model for Software Testing
- Testing Phases in an Agile Project
Approaches to Testing
- The Testing Approach Continuum
- Scripted Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Scenarios, Checklists, Charters
- Structuring Tester Interaction
- Package Implementations (COTS)
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Telephony and Voice
Test Automation — Bonus Section
- Definition and Overview of Automation Types
- Web Automation
- Challenges of Automation
- Optimizing Automation Efforts
- Tool Selection Process
Behavior Driven Development (BDD) & Test Driven Development (TDD) — Bonus Section
- BDD & TDD defined
- Feature Files
- Tools for Different Languages
Managing Testing Projects
- Planning for testing (Universal Testing Method Steps 1-4)
- Requirements Traceability
- Test Resources
- Testing Risks and Issues
- Testing Entry and Exit Criteria
- Measuring Testing Progress
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Fundamentals of Software Testing
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?