Governance of Information Security
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
Information Security is a critical topic given the huge amount of information that is handled electronically and the associated risks of mobile communications, the internet,…Read More
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Governance of Information Security
Information Security is a critical topic given the huge amount of information that is handled electronically and the associated risks of mobile communications, the internet, portable storage devices and cybercrime. Implementing effective security is, however a challenge because the topic is complex and technical, poorly understood and often not addressed in a business-like or systematic manner.
This course provides a broad range of stakeholders and roleplayers with an appreciation of how to drive the implementation of an effective information security improvement programme driven systematically by business needs. Using an “information security management system” approach combined with governance and management practices it will enable participants to ensure that implementation has appropriate support from board level and senior executive management and addresses security in a sustainable and practical way.
Duration: 1 Day
Domain: IT Governance and Strategy
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Customizable Courseware, Pay Per Use Courseware
This course is aimed at business and IT managers, auditors, and consultants as well as Information Security professionals
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Effective governance and management practices.
- The challenges faced by the organizations while implementing improved information security.
- The strategies and techniques to effectively manage the challenges of implementing improved information security.
- The components of the COBIT 5 Framework and an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The role of the COBIT 5 framework in guiding an effective improvement programme.
- The process of initiating and sustaining continual improvement of Information Security based on the ISMS.
- Overview of Governance and Information Security
- Governance and Management Challenges of Information Security
- Overview of COBIT 5
- Overview of ISO 27000
- Establishing an ISMS
- Organizing ISMS roles and responsibilities
- Aligning the ISMS with business
- Initiating continual improvement
- Sustaining the ISMS
- Monitoring the ISMS
Benefits Of Working With ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click & Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Governance of Information Security
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?
We really enjoy the way the courseware is structured, covering not only the theoretical aspects but also clear real-life examples.
Service Desk Manager At City National Bank