HDI® Problem Management Professional
The HDI® Problem Management Professional certification is intended for those who wish to gain a working knowledge of industry best practices related to problem management….
|Certificate||HDI Problem Management Professional (HDI-PM)|
What is included in HDI® Problem Management Professional
The HDI® Problem Management Professional certification is intended for those who wish to gain a working knowledge of industry best practices related to problem management. It is ideal for IT professionals who are working or are planning to work within problem management, whether in a technical, managerial, or operational role.
The responsibilities of problem management professionals vary from organization to organization, but they often include: assisting with the planning and implementation of the problem management process; performing both reactive and proactive problem management; prioritizing and categorizing problems; investigating and diagnosing the problems; coordinating and/or executing root cause analysis; developing workarounds; and proposing changes to resolve issues.
The HDI Problem Management Professional Certification Standard is based on the concepts, principles, and best practices found in various ITSM frameworks, including ITIL, ISO/IEC 20000, and COBIT.
Certification: HDI Problem Management Professional (HDI-PM)
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Information Management
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Problem Management Professional certification exam
- Individuals who are working or plan to work within problem management, whether in a technical, managerial, or operational role
- The roles and responsibilities of the problem management professional
- The importance of detection, prioritization, and categorization
- Best practice frameworks and standards for ITSM
- Methods for investigation and diagnosis
- What service restoration is, in terms of incident and problem management
- Problem management process relationships
- The problem management activity flow
- The relationships between knowledge management, known errors, and workarounds
- The differences between reactive and proactive problem management
- The interdependencies between incident and problem management
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators for problem management
- Proven methodologies for conducting root cause analysis
- The problem management road map and how to use it in your organization
Unit 1: IT Service Management
- IT Service Management
- Functions and Processes
Unit 2: Service Restoration Overview
- Service Restoration
- Service Restoration Processes
- Incident and Problem Management
- Common Process Activities
Unit 3: Problem Management
- Problem Management Overview
- Detection and Categorization
- Investigation and Diagnosis
- Major Problem Review
Unit 4: Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary Problem Management Roles
- Complementary Roles
- Responsibility, Accountability, Consulted, and Informed Model
Unit 5: Relationships
- Relationship to ITSM Processes
- Relationship to ITSM Functions
Unit 6: Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Techniques
- Simple RCA Techniques
- More Complex RCA Techniques
Unit 7: Measuring Problem Management
- Common Problem Management Process Metrics
Unit 8: Problem Management Road Map
- Road Map
- Process Maturity Assessment
- Process Assessment Report
- Establishing the Target Maturity Level
- Creating the Improvement Plan
- Problem Management Challenges
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for HDI® Problem Management Professional
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?