Introduction to DevOps
Learn how DevOps has brought together years of the most effective and provide practices from development and operations (agile, Lean, and more) – and aligned…
What is included in Introduction to DevOps
Learn how DevOps has brought together years of the most effective and provide practices from development and operations (agile, Lean, and more) – and aligned them around common characteristics: value, cross-functional collaboration, agility, and strong teams. DevOps is really the marrying of process, infrastructure, and product. Take this class to learn how to bring these groups together to optimize, re-think, and re-engineer your processes.
We’ll take a look at establishing a common definition of DevOps and understand why DevOps is so important. Through case studies, we’ll see that high performing organizations are using DevOps as a competitive advantage. Don’t be left behind! In addition, this class will teach the keys to fostering a culture for successful DevOps implementations, and give you a roadmap to get started.
Finally, this class will help you understand the tools necessary to automate your processes for maximum efficiency. We’ll put all the pieces of the puzzle together for you.
Duration: 1 Day
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- CIOs, CTOs and IT Executives
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discover what DevOps is and is not
- Learn how other organizations are using DevOps concepts to gain competitive advantage
- Understand the tools that can help you automate processes
- Learn tips and techniques for changing your culture to support DevOps
- Understand why DevOps is important and why high-performing IT organizations are rushing to implement DevOps concepts
- Review case studies to understand exactly how companies are achieving DevOps success
- Learn how to optimize, rethink, and re-engineer your IT processes to deliver value to your customers faster than ever!
Module 2: What is DevOps?
- The IT Core Chronic Conflict
- Then We Demanded Innovation
- Our Data Center
- An Evolution
- IT Operations
- The Product Managers
- The Developers
- Alignment between Groups
- Detect and Eliminate Waste
- Optimize flow of Work
- Leverage Measurement Tools
- Leverage Automation Tools
- Leverage Collaboration Tools
- DevOps and Goal
- Ball Point Game
Module 3: Why do DevOps?
- Why do DevOps?
- A Comparison
- Amazon’s Process
- State of DevOps Report
- Chronic Conflict can be Broken
- DevOps is the Manufacturing Revolution of our Age
- DevOps and Manufacturing
- DevOps at Microsoft
- Launch of VSO
- Scaling out
- DevOps Lifecycle
- Dark Launches
- Reduce Branching
- Definition of Done
- Deployment Automation
Module 4: How does DevOps work?
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Monitoring
- Infrastructure Complexity
- IaaS and Infrastructure as Code
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kanban End-to-End
- The Penny Game
Module 5: Culture and DevOps
- Change the Metrics
- Law of Motivation
- People and Trust
- Disc Assessment
Module 6: Tool Time
- DevOps Automation Tools
- Microsoft Lab Manager
- TFS Build
- Automated Testing
- Microsoft Release Manager
- Automate Feedback
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Introduction to DevOps
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?