ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phase of the Service Lifecycle….Read More
|Certificate||ITIL® Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phase of the Service Lifecycle.
The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Certification: ITIL® Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Service Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: EXIN, PEOPLECERT
Available Languages: English
The CSI Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the CSI stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in or new to a CSI environment who require and understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and CSI principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all CSI processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the CSI processes
- The roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure CSI performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with CSI
|Course Learning Objectives|
|Unique Nature of the Course|
|Course Qualification Scheme|
|Course Agenda and Exam Details|
|ITIL Intermediate Classroom Course|
|ITIL Intermediate Expert Program Course|
|ITIL Intermediate Classroom Blended Course|
|ITIL Intermediate Virtual Classroom Blended Course|
|Unit 1: Continual Service Improvement|
|1.1 Purpose and Objectives|
|1.3 Value to the Business|
|1.4 Approach to CSI|
|1.5 Business Questions for CSI|
|1.6 Context of CSI in the ITIL Service Lifecycle|
|1.7 Inputs and Outputs of CSI|
|1.8 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 1|
|Unit 2: Continual Service Improvement Principles|
|2.1 Relationship Between CSI and Organizational Change|
|2.3 The CSI Register|
|2.4 Influence of SLM on CSI|
|2.5 Role of Knowledge Management in Improvement Initiatives|
|2.6 Importance of the Deming Cycle|
|2.7 Effectively Using Various Aspects of Service Measurement|
|2.8 Using CSI for Good Governance|
|2.9 Frameworks, Models, Standards and Quality Systems|
|2.10 Group/Individual Exercise|
|2.11 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 2|
|Unit 3: The Continual Service Improvement Process|
|3.1 Purpose and Objectives|
|3.3 Value to the Business|
|3.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts|
|3.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques|
|3.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Interfaces|
|3.7 How Other Processes Play a Key Role in the Seven Step Improvement Process|
|3.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators|
|3.9 Challenges and Risks|
|3.10 Group/Individual Exercise|
|3.11 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 3|
|Unit 4: CSI Methods and Techniques|
|4.1 What to Assess and When to Use Assessments|
|4.2 Using Gap Analyses to Identify Areas of Improvement|
|4.4 Service Measurement|
|4.6 Return on Investment (ROI)|
|4.7 Service Reporting|
|4.8 Using Availability Management Techniques|
|4.9 Using Capacity Management Techniques and Iterative Activities|
|4.10 Considering ITSCM Requirements and Risk Management|
|4.11 Support from Problem Management|
|4.12 Support from Knowledge Management|
|4.13 Group/Individual Exercise|
|4.14 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 4|
|Unit 5: Organizing for CSI|
|5.1 Generic Service Owner|
|5.2 Generic Process owner|
|5.3 Process Manager|
|5.4 Process Practitioner|
|5.5 CSI Manager|
|5.6 Seven Step Improvement Roles|
|5.7 Comparing the CSI Manager Role with Other Roles|
|5.8 Using RACI to Define Roles and Responsibilities|
|5.9 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 5|
|Unit 6: Technology Considerations|
|6.2 ITSM Suites|
|6.3 Additional Tools Used in CSI|
|6.4 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 6|
|Unit 7: Implementing CSI|
|7.1 Considerations and Where to Start|
|7.2 Role of Governance in CSI|
|7.3 Effect of Organizational Change on CSI|
|7.4 Communication Strategy and Plan|
|7.5 Group/Individual Exercise|
|7.6 Sample test Question|
|Summary of Unit 7|
|Unit 8: Challenges, Critical Success Factors, and Risks|
|8.2 Critical Success Factors|
|8.4 Sample Test Question|
|Summary of Unit 8|
|Unit 9: Exam Preparation Guide|
|9.1 Mock Exam 1|
|9.2 Mock Exam 2|
Benefits Of Working With ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click & Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?
We really enjoy the way the courseware is structured, covering not only the theoretical aspects but also clear real-life examples.
Service Desk Manager At City National Bank