ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
Mastering ITIL Intermediate courses requires IT professionals to obtain a great depth of knowledge in the ITIL body of knowledge and to learn to apply…Read More
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement
Mastering ITIL Intermediate courses requires IT professionals to obtain a great depth of knowledge in the ITIL body of knowledge and to learn to apply this knowledge in real life. ITpreneurs blended Continual Service Improvement (CSI) training course uses an optimal mix of training methods to achieve this result in a way that is most convenient, effective and economical to participants. Participants obtain the ‘knowing’ component of the course by completing 8-hours of self-paced eLearning in their own time and at their own pace. After completion of the eLearning component of the course, the program taps into the natural strengths of the classroom. In 2 days, participants are provided with a safe environment where they can learn to apply their knowledge through a combination of case studies, assignments, and role plays. The blended course is based on the idea “Think beyond the traditional classroom “box” and present participants with an optimal mix of learning methods”.
This blended training course immerses participants in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the CSI phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Service Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: EXIN, PEOPLECERT
Available Languages: English, Japanese
- IT Managers
- IT Consultants
- IT Supervisors / Team Leads
- ITSM Trainers
This course is especially of interest for ITIL Foundation certified professionals extending their qualifications to advanced ITIL qualifications.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a practice.
- Understand the principles, purpose, and objective of CSI.
- Learn how the CSI process interacts with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Recognize the methods and techniques used in CSI.
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions necessary to achieve CSI excellence.
- Understand the technology and implementation considerations surrounding CSI.
- Outline the challenges, Critical Success Factors (CSFs), and Risks associated with CSI.
Module 1: Continual Service Improvement
- 1.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 1.2 Scope
- 1.3 Value to the Business
- 1.4 Approach to CSI
- 1.5 Business Questions for CSI
- 1.6 Context of CSI in the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- 1.7 Inputs and Outputs of CSI
- 1.8 Sample Test Question
Module 2: Continual Service Improvement Principles
- 2.1 Relationship Between CSI and Organizational Change
- 2.2 Ownership
- 2.3 The CSI Register
- 2.4 Influence of SLM on CSI
- 2.5 Role of Knowledge Management in Improvement Initiatives
- 2.6 Importance of the Deming Cycle
- 2.7 Effectively Using Various Aspects of Service Measurement
- 2.8 Using CSI for Good Governance
- 2.9 Frameworks, Models, Standards and Quality Systems
- 2.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 2.11 Sample Test Question
Module 3: The Continual Service Improvement Process
- 3.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 3.2 Scope
- 3.3 Value to the Business
- 3.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 3.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- 3.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Interfaces
- 3.7 How Other Processes Play a Key Role in the Seven Step Improvement Process
- 3.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 3.9 Challenges and Risks
- 3.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 3.11 Sample Test Question
Module 4: CSI Methods and Techniques
- 4.1 What to Assess and When to Use Assessments
- 4.2 Using Gap Analyses to Identify Areas of Improvement
- 4.3 Benchmarking
- 4.4 Service Measurement
- 4.5 Metrics
- 4.6 Return on Investment (ROI)
- 4.7 Service Reporting
- 4.8 Using Availability Management Techniques
- 4.9 Using Capacity Management Techniques and Iterative Activities
- 4.10 Considering ITSCM Requirements and Risk Management
- 4.11 Support from Problem Management
- 4.12 Support from Knowledge Management
- 4.13 Group/Individual Exercise
- 4.14 Sample Test Question
Module 5: Organization for CSI
- 5.1 Generic Service Owner
- 5.2 Generic Process Owner
- 5.3 Process Manager
- 5.4 Process Practitioner
- 5.5 CSI Manager
- 5.6 Seven Step Improvement Roles
- 5.7 Comparing the CSI Manager Role with Other Roles
- 5.8 Using RACI to Define Roles and Responsibilities
- 5.9 Sample Test Question
Module 6: Technology Considerations
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 ITSM Suites
- 6.3 Additional Tools Used in CSI
- 6.4 Sample Test Question
Module 7: Implementing CSI
- 7.1 Considerations and Where to Start
- 7.2 Role of Governance in CSI
- 7.3 Effect of Organizational Change on CSI
- 7.4 Communication Strategy and Plan
- 7.5 Group/Individual Exercise
- 7.6 Sample Test Question
Module 8: Challenges, Critical Success Factors, and Risks
- 8.1 Challenges
- 8.2 Critical Success Factors
- 8.3 Risks
- 8.4 Sample Test Question
Module 9: Exam Preparation Guide
- 9.1 Mock Exam 1
- 9.2 Mock Exam 2
Available Courseware For ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement
Includes a slide deck suitable for Classroom and Virtual Classroom delivery, instructor notes to guide the trainer through the course delivery, and a version of the Coursebook.
Coursebook with all the relevant information required for the learner to take and pass the exam.
Sample agendas for running successful Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Blended Classroom sessions.
Benefits Of Working With ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click & Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for ITIL® v3 Continual Service Improvement
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?
We really enjoy the way the courseware is structured, covering not only the theoretical aspects but also clear real-life examples.
Service Desk Manager At City National Bank