ITIL® v3 Planning Protection and Optimization Capability
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
This 5 days course immerses participants in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of…Read More
|Certificate||ITIL® Planning, Protection, and Optimization Capability|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Languages||English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese|
What is included in ITIL® v3 Planning Protection and Optimization Capability
This 5 days course immerses participants in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices throughout the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the participants to successfully complete the associated exam.
Certification: ITIL® Planning, Protection, and Optimization Capability
Duration: 5 Days
Domain: Service Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: EXIN, PEOPLECERT
Available Languages: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese
- Capacity Manager
- Availability Manager
- Change Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Network Control and Operation
- Network Support
- Business Continuity Manager
- Security Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Supplier Relationship Manager
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend the importance of Service Management as a practice.
- Comprehend the importance of the principles, purpose, and objectives of Service Operation in relation to PPO.
- Understand the importance of PPO while providing Services.
- Recognize how all processes in PPO interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Learn the processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the PPO processes.
- Learn how to use the PPO processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- Comprehend how to measure PPO.
- Explain the importance of IT security and its contributions to PPO.
- Recognize the technology and implementation considerations surrounding PPO.
- Outline the challenges, Critical Success Factors (CSFs), and Risks associated with PPO.
- Course Introduction
- Course Learning Objectives
- Unique Nature of the Course
- Course Qualification Scheme
- Course Agenda and Exam Details
- ITIL Intermediate Classroom Course
- ITIL Intermediate Expert Program Course
- ITIL Intermediate Classroom Blended Course
- ITIL Intermediate Virtual Classroom Blended Course
Unit 1: Introduction to PPO
- 1.1 Purpose, Objectives, and Value of Service Design
- 1.2 The Lifecycle in Context
- 1.3 Basics of Service Design
- 1.4 Role of Design Coordination Within PPO
- 1.5 Group/Individual Exercise
Unit 2: Capacity Management
- 2.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 2.2 Scope of Capacity Management
- 2.3 Business Value Of Capacity Management
- 2.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 2.5 Activities, Methods, Techniques, and Relationship with Other Processes
- 2.5.1 Business Capacity Management
- 2.5.2 Service Capacity Management
- 2.5.3 Component Capacity Management
- 2.5.4 Design-Related Activities
- 2.5.5 Ongoing Iterative Activities of Capacity Management
- 2.5.6 Demand Management in Capacity Management
- 2.5.7 Modeling and Trending
- 2.5.8 Application Sizing
- 2.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and interfaces with Other Processes
- 2.7 Information Management
- 2.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators for Successful Capacity Management
- 2.9 Challenges and Risks
- 2.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 2.11 Sample Test Question
Unit 3: Availability Management
- 3.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 3.2 Scope of the Process
- 3.3 Value to the Business
- 3.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 3.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- 3.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Process Interfaces
- 3.7 Information Management
- 3.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 3.9 Challenges and Risks
- 3.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 3.11 Sample Test Question
Unit 4: IT Service Continuity Management
- 4.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 4.2 Scope of ITSCM
- 4.3 Business Value of ITSCM
- 4.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 4.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- 4.5.1 Stage 1 – Initiation
- 4.5.2 Stage 2 – Requirements and Strategy
- 4.5.3 Stage 3 – Implementation
- 4.5.4 Stage 4 – Ongoing Operation
- 4.5.5 Invocation
- 4.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Process Interfaces
- 4.7 Information Management
- 4.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 4.9 Challenges and Risks
- 4.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 4.11 Sample Test Question
Unit 5: Information Security Management
- 5.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 5.2 Scope of ISM
- 5.3 Business Value of ISM
- 5.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 5.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- 5.5.1 Security Controls
- 5.5.2 Management of Security Breaches and Incidents
- 5.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Interfaces of ISM
- 5.7 Information Management
- 5.8 CSFs and KPIs for Successful ISM
- 5.9 Challenges and Risks
- 5.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 5.11 Sample Test Question
Unit 6: Demand Management
- 6.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 6.2 Scope of Demand Management
- 6.3 Value to the Business
- 6.4 Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- 6.5 Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- 6.5.1 Identifying Sources of Demand Forecasting
- 6.5.2 Patterns of Business Activity
- 6.5.3 User Profiles
- 6.5.4 Activity-Based Demand Management
- 6.5.5 Develop Differentiated Offerings
- 6.5.6 Management of Operational Demand
- 6.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Interfaces
- 6.7 Information Management
- 6.8 CSFs and KPIs
- 6.9 Challenges and Risks
- 6.10 Group/Individual Exercise
- 6.11 Sample Test Question
Unit 7: Roles and Responsibilities
- 7.1 Process Owner
- 7.2 Process Manager
- 7.3 Process Practitioner
- 7.4 Capacity Management Process Owner
- 7.5 Capacity Management Process Manager
- 7.6 Availability Management Process Owner
- 7.7 Availability Management Process Manager
- 7.8 IT Service Continuity Management Process Owner
- 7.9 IT Service Continuity Management Process Manager
- 7.10 Information Security Management Process Owner
- 7.11 Information Security Management Process Manager
- 7.12 Demand Management Roles
- 7.13 Group/Individual Exercise
Unit 8: Technology and Implementation Considerations
- 8.1 Generic Technology Requirements to Assist Service Design
- 8.2 Evaluation Criteria for Technology and Tooling for Process Implementation
- 8.3 Good Practices for Practice and Process Implementation
- 8.4 Challenges, CSFs, and Risks in Implementing Practices and Processes
- 8.5 Planning and Implementing Service Management Technologies
- 8.6 Considerations for Implementing Technologies
- 8.7 Group/Individual Exercise
- 8.8 Sample Test Question
Unit 9: Exam Preparation Guide
- 9.1 Mock Exam 1
- 9.2 Mock Exam 2
Benefits Of Working With ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click & Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for ITIL® v3 Planning Protection and Optimization Capability
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?
We really enjoy the way the courseware is structured, covering not only the theoretical aspects but also clear real-life examples.
Service Desk Manager At City National Bank