Please note: This is not an official ITIL® certification training, it merely functions as an introduction to the established ITIL ITSM standards.
ITSM Awareness Self-Study
The ITSM Awareness course provides learners with the unique opportunity to receive an introduction to the concepts of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service…
What is included in ITSM Awareness Self-Study
The ITSM Awareness course provides learners with the unique opportunity to receive an introduction to the concepts of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM). It provides an overview of the concepts within the ITIL best practices domain while also introducing the key ITIL processes. This course explains how ITIL processes are driven by a service lifecycle to provide smooth functioning to organizations, thus ensuring high-quality services to their customers.
This course has been designed for learners who need a basic awareness of ITIL as a general interest, as part of a larger program initiative as opposed to the full certification ITIL Foundation course or for those who may not be sure of their future training path and want to assess ITIL/ITSM viability in their organization.
Duration: 4 Hours
Domain: Service Management
Delivery Method: Online, Self-study
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
IT Professionals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework such as:
- IT Staff
- IT and Business Executives
- IT Consultants
- Key Business Users
- IT Developers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of ITIL and ITSM.
- Explain the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Describe the importance of functions and processes in an organization.
- Describe how ITIL processes map to the overall service lifecycle.
- Define the roles and responsibilities involved with the service lifecycle.
- Explain the ITIL® Certification scheme and its corresponding credits system.
Section 1: Concept of ITIL and ITSM
- What is ITIL?
- Why adopting ITIL?
- ITIL: Value Proposition
- How ITIL fits with other framework and practices?
- Defining IT Service Management
- Introducing Stakeholders in Service Management
- How ITSM reduces costs and improves the quality of IT services?
Section 2: ITIL Processes Within the Service Lifecycle Context
- What is Process?
- How does Process model work?
- Introducing Functions
- Different Functions and its Emphasis on Service Lifecycle
- The RACI Model
Section 3: ITIL Service Lifecycle Approach to ITSM
- ITIL Service Lifecycle
- How does ITIL service lifecycle process?
Section 4: Roles and Responsibilities in ITIL
- Generic Roles
- Generic Process Roles
- How ITIL roles can fit together within the service lifecycle?
Section 5: ITIL® Certification Scheme
- The ITIL® Certification Scheme Overview
- ITIL Credit Assignment
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for ITSM Awareness Self-Study
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?