LFD401 Developing Applications For Linux
This course helps how to develop applications for the Linux environment. In this course, participants will get hands-on experience with the necessary tools and methods…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Accreditor||The Linux Foundation|
What is included in LFD401 Developing Applications For Linux
This course helps how to develop applications for the Linux environment. In this course, participants will get hands-on experience with the necessary tools and methods for Linux application development and learn about the features and techniques that are unique to Linux.
Duration: 5 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: The Linux Foundation
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- Software Developers
- Java Developers
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to learn the most important tools and methods for developing applications in C, and doing systems programming under Linux, including:
- Compilers, compiling, linking and loading programs.
- Building and using both static and shared libraries.
- Using make and developing Makefiles.
- Version control.
- Debugging techniques.
- How system calls are made and the difference with regular library functions.
- The structure of Linux filesystems.
- File I/O functions, using both system-level and standard library calls.
- Advanced file operations, including directory and stat functions, and file locking.
- Process management, including forking and executing, exiting, process groups, and waiting.
- Pipes, unnamed and named (FIFOs).
- Signal dispatching and handling.
- Writing multithreaded applications using the pthreads (POSIX Threads) library and API.
- An introduction to network socket programming.
- System V and POSIX IPC, including shared memory, semaphores, and message queues.
- Have the necessary tools to develop advanced applications on a Linux system, upon mastering this material.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Preliminaries
Module 3: Libraries
Module 4: Compilers
Module 5: Make
Module 6: Source Control
Module 7: Debugging and Core Dumps
Module 8: Debugging Tools
Module 9: System Calls
Module 10: Memory Management and Allocation
Module 11: Files and Filesystems in Linux
Module 12: File I/O
Module 13: Advanced File Operations
Module 14: Processes – I
Module 15: Processes – II
Module 16: Pipes and Fifos
Module 17: Asynchronous I/O**
Module 18: Signals – I
Module 19: Signals – II
Module 20: POSIX Threads – I
Module 21: POSIX Threads – II
Module 22: Networking and Sockets
Module 23: Sockets – Addresses and Hosts
Module 24: Sockets – Ports and Protocols
Module 25: Sockets – Clients
Module 26: Sockets – Servers
Module 27: Sockets – Input/Output Operations
Module 28: Sockets – Options
Module 29: Netlink Sockets
Module 30: Sockets – Multiplexing and Concurrent Servers
Module 31: Inter Process Communication
Module 32: Shared Memory
Module 33: Semaphores
Module 34: Message Queues
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for LFD401 Developing Applications For Linux
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?