LFS430 Linux Enterprise Automation
Automation is essential to running Linux in the enterprise effectively. Automation lets you minimize costs by reducing manual operations, helps to ensure compliance across the…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Accreditor||The Linux Foundation|
What is included in LFS430 Linux Enterprise Automation
Automation is essential to running Linux in the enterprise effectively. Automation lets you minimize costs by reducing manual operations, helps to ensure compliance across the data center, standardizes your software infrastructure and accelerates deployments for your bare-metal and cloud infrastructures. This course will teach you how to use automation to achieve these outcomes.
Duration: 4 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: The Linux Foundation
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
This course is for technical IT professionals interested in finding cost-efficient ways to accelerate Linux deployments, reduce operation costs and minimize system installation overhead. Learners should have a good knowledge of common scalability and system administration issues frequently encountered in enterprise environments. They should have experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, and text file editing.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn Advanced Systems Administration
- Learn Software Management
- Learn Packaging Automation and Software Distribution
- Learn how to install Tree Management, tools – Cobbler and automating.
- Understand Configuration management, configuration management puppet, with salt, CFEngine, and Ansible.
- Learn Spacewalk server and channel management with spacewalk.
Module 1: Introduction
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Foundation Training
Module 2: Advanced Systems Administration
- What Makes A Good Systems Administrator
- “Soft” Skills and Tools
- “Hard” Skills And Tools
- Other Concerns
Module 3: Software Management
- Manual Software Lifecycle
- Package Management
- Creating Your Own Packages
- Creating Debian Packages
- Creating RPM Packages
- Creating Packages of Third Party Software
- Rebuilding OS supplied Packages
- Advanced Packaging Tips
- GPG Sign Your Packages
Module 4: Packaging Automation
- Preparing Packages for Automatic Building
- Automation Frameworks
Module 5: Software Distribution
- Introduction to Software Distribution
- Repository Management
- Creating Repositories
- Using Third Party Repositories
- Mirroring Repositories
Module 6: Installation Tree Management
- CentOS Installation Trees
- Debian/Ubuntu Install Trees
Module 7: Automating Installation
- Automating Installation
- Automating Installation with Kickstart
- Using Kickstart Files
- Debian Preseed
- Further Automation
Module 8: Installation Tools Cobbler
- Cobbler Overview
- Cobbler Setup
- Using Cobbler
- Advanced Cobbler
Module 9: Installation Tools TheForeman
- Introduction to TheForeman
- Installing TheForeman
- TheForeman Setup
- Using TheForeman
- Advanced TheForeman Concepts
Module 10: Configuration Management Overview
- What is Configuration Management
- Configuration Management Methods
- Overview of Configuration Management Tools
Module 11: Configuration Management Puppet
- Puppet Overview
- Puppet Setup
- Puppet Terminology and Configuration
- Puppet Operations
- Puppet Operations
- Advanced Puppet Concepts
Module 12: Configuration Management with SaltStack
- Introduction to SaltStack
- SaltStack Setup
- SaltStack Basics
- Advanced SaltStack Concepts
Module 13: Configuration Management CFEngine
- Introduction to CFEngine
Module 14: Configuration Management Ansible
- Introduction to Ansible
- Ansible Setup
- Ansible Basics
- Advanced Ansible Concepts
Module 15: Spacewalk Server
- Installing Spacewalk Server
- Deploying Spacewalk Clients
- Managing Changes with Spacewalk
- Scripting with the Spacewalk API
Module 16: Server Monitoring with Spacewalk
- Server Monitoring
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for LFS430 Linux Enterprise Automation
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?