LITA Lean IT Foundation
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. By understanding customer value, the processes that…Read More
|Certificate||LITA Lean IT Foundation|
|Delivery||Blended, Online, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Accreditor||Lean IT Association|
What is included in LITA Lean IT Foundation
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. By understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, how to manage performance, the way to organize, and the required attitude and behaviors, IT organizations are able to develop a continuous improvement mindset. Lean IT complements IT best practice methods such as ITIL®, PRINCE2® and P3O®.
This course covers the foundation level certification of the Lean IT Association. Participants can further develop their Lean IT qualifications with the advanced Lean IT Kaizen Lead, Lean IT Coach and Lean IT Leadership certifications thereafter. The Lean IT Foundation is a mandatory prerequisite for the follow-on certifications.
Certification: LITA Lean IT Foundation
Duration: 16 Hours
Domain: Lean IT
Delivery Method: Blended, Online, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: Lean IT Association
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- IT managers and specialists
- IT professionals and project managers involved with Lean projects.
Upon completion of the Lean IT Foundation training and exam, successful candidates will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and the application of this philosophy within an IT environment.
- Define the principles underlying the Lean philosophy.
- Describe the importance of understanding and delivering customer value.
- Examine the way Lean looks at the processes and the waste within them.
- State how to measure performance and the key determinants of performance.
- Identify the organizational requirements for implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools.
- Discuss how behavior and attitude are necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization.
- Define the DMAIC problem-solving model.
- Identify how Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Information on the course structure
- Information on the types of activities included in the course
Module 2: Introduction of Lean
- Lean principles and how are they related to each other
- Three causes of poor quality and their details
- Analyzing waste through analyzing activities
- Cost of poor quality
- PDCA and it’s description
- Definition, characteristics, and dimensions of Lean IT
- Shingo Prize Model
Module 3: Customer
- Voice of customer
- Types of customer value
- Critical to Quality (CTQ) Tree and analysis of voice of customer using CTQ
- Sources of improvement opportunities
Module 4: Process
- Definition and key components of process
- Distinction between value demand and failure demand
- Defining SIPOC and COPIS
- Steps to create value stream map and symbols used in value stream map
- Flow principle and examples of Muda in value stream
- Examples of different types of activities: value adding, necessary non value-adding, and non value-adding
- Push versus pull
- Improving the process through 5S, Heijunka, and Improvement Plan
Module 5: Performance
- Performance versus results
- Key performance indicators vs. metrics
- SMART KPIs
- Three questions to define correct measurement
- KPIs and behavior
- Aspects of KPI
- Time as currency and production factor
- Skills and knowledge as capacity
Module 6: Lean Organization
- Organizing for Lean IT
- Structure around the value chain
- Ensuring speed of communication
- Performance dialogue and feedback model
- Personal versus team performance and three topics of performance dialogue
- Visual management boards and their types
Module 7: Behavior and Attitude
- Attitude and behavior
- Lean attitude, Lean mindset, and Lean behavior
- Characteristics of Lean Manager and Lean leadership
- Expectations of people from Lean transformation and Lean improvement
Module 8: Problem Solving/Kaizen
- Kaizen versus Kaikaku
- Five intents and three qualifications of Kaizen
- Running a Kaizen event
- DMAIC and tools used in each phase of DMAIC
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for LITA Lean IT Foundation
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?