This two or three-day MSP Foundation Course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programs (MSP®) program management methodology, providing the skills…
What is included in MSP® Foundation
This two or three-day MSP Foundation Course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programs (MSP®) program management methodology, providing the skills needed to confidently use MSP to manage programs in line with strategic aims of a business and the its day-to-day running.
Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts who have extensive experience using MSP, the course includes a relevant, modern case study to help delegates understand how to apply the MSP way of managing programs in the real world. There is also plenty of opportunity for participants to present their exercise results and discuss them with the rest of the class, thus gaining further knowledge from many different points of view, in many different industries.
Certification: MSP® Foundation
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Classroom
Accreditor: EXIN, PEOPLECERT
Available Languages: English
- Newly appointed programme managers who may have a background in managing projects, but have not previously operated in a transformational change environment.
- Senior managers who will “sponsor” the change, or perhaps be held accountable for its success.
- Operational managers charged with embedding the change in their area.
- Operational staff undertaking a role in the programme or related projects.
- Programme office staff (PMO) wishing to build upon their project management knowledge.
- Experienced project managers.
- Those seeking a professional qualification in programme management.
At the end of this course, participants will gain in the ability to:
- Understand the principles and structure of MSP.
- Understand the benefits of a structured method in a changing environment.
- Explain the MSP process model.
- Understand the MSP themes.
- Draft a Programme brief and Vision Statement.
- Propose a Programme organisation structure.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Understand the vision and the blueprint and how they can be applied to the best advantage.
- Apply progress control mechanisms.
- Appreciate the principles of programme level quality and risk management.
- Realize the importance of configuration management
- MSP® INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW – What is a programme? What is programme management? MSP® Structure
- MSP® FRAMEWORK AND CONCEPTS – Principles, governance themes, transformational flow, management strategies and plans.
- VISION – What is a ‘vision’? What makes a good Vision Statement?
- IDENTIFYING A PROGRAMME – Programme Mandate. Linking to Policy and Strategy. Preparing a Programme Brief. Planning to Define the Program.
- BLUEPRINT DESIGN AND DELIVERY – What is a Blueprint, and what does it contain? Developing a Blueprint from the Vision Statement.
- DEFINING A PROGRAMME – Creating a Programme Definition Document (including the Project Dossier, the Programme Plan and the Programme Business Case).
- PLANNING AND CONTROL – What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed? The Project Dossier. Resourcing and scheduling.
- BENEFITS REALISATION MANAGEMENT – The key driver for the program. How benefits realisation links to achieving strategic objectives. Outcome relationship models and Benefit Maps. Planning for benefits realisation.
- ORGANISATION AND THE PROGRAMME OFFICE – Organisation and leadership. Organisational structure, the key roles and their responsibilities. What is a Programme Office and what service does it provide.
- THE BUSINESS CASE – Developing, managing and reviewing the program’s Business Case.
- LEADERSHIP AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT – Leadership as opposed to management. How ‘leaders’ actively engage stakeholders. Analysing and engaging with stakeholders. Stakeholder maps and matrices.
- MANAGING THE TRANCHES – Implementing governance arrangements. Establishing tranches. Managing risks and issues.
- DELIVERING THE CAPABILITY AND REALISING THE BENEFITS Co-ordinating and managing projects on the Project Dossier. Starting and closing projects. Maintaining alignment with the program. Ensuring that project outputs are fit for purpose and can be integrated into operations, so that benefits can be realised. Pre-transition, transition and post-transition activities.
- QUALITY AND ASSURANCE MANAGEMENT – Critical Success Factors. The scope of programme quality and assurance management. Quality processes. Configuration Management. Quality Management Strategy and Plan. Information Management Strategy and Plan.
- RISK MANAGEMENT AND ISSUE RESOLUTION – Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues. Managing and controlling changes in programmes.
- CLOSING A PROGRAMME – Formal confirmation of completion. Finalizing programme information.
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for MSP® Foundation
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?