This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
The Managing Successful Programs (MSP®) Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to learn how MSP can be applied to real live programs and prepares participants for…Read More
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in MSP® Practitioner
The Managing Successful Programs (MSP®) Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to learn how MSP can be applied to real live programs and prepares participants for the MSP Practitioner examination.
This level is aiming to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to act as an informed member of a program management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment.
The MSP Practitioner Course is entirely focused at applying MSP in program scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MSP.
Certification: MSP® Practitioner
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Project and Program Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: EXIN, PEOPLECERT
Available Languages: English
- Programme managers who may have a background in managing projects, but have not previously operated in a transformational change environment.
- Senior managers who will “sponsor” the change, or perhaps be held accountable for its success.
- Programme office staff (PMO) wishing to build upon their project management knowledge.
- Experienced project managers.
- Business change managers.
- Senior Responsible Owners (a.k.a. programme executives).
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes that follow the MSP guidance, as well as those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g., programme managers).
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in / the ability to:
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme.
- Explain each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow activities.
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles; and apply that understanding.
- Apply each of the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes.
- Produce or evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents).
- Identify activities that should be undertaken during each of the processes of the transformational flow, together with the accountabilities and responsibilities of each of the defined roles.
- Understand which management products are input to, output from, and updated in each of the six transformational flow processes.
- Pass the Practitioner exam.
- MSP® INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW — What is a programme? What is programme management? MSP® Structure.
- MSP® FRAMEWORK AND CONCEPTS — Principles, governance themes, transformational flow, management strategies and plans.
- VISION — What is a Vision? What makes a good Vision Statement?
- IDENTIFYING A PROGRAMME — Programme Mandate. Linking to Policy and Strategy. Preparing a Program Brief. Planning to Define the Programme.
- BLUEPRINT DESIGN AND DELIVERY — What is a Blueprint, and what does it contain? Developing a Blueprint from the Vision Statement.
- DEFINING A PROGRAMME — Creating a Programme Definition Document (including the Project Dossier, the Programme Plan and the Programme Business Case).
- PLANNING AND CONTROL — What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed? The Project Dossier. Resourcing and scheduling.
- BENEFITS REALIZATION MANAGEMENT — The key driver for the programme. How Benefits Realization links to achieving strategic objectives. Outcome Relationship Models and Benefit Maps. Planning for benefits realization.
- ORGANIZATION AND THE PROGRAMME OFFICE — Organization and leadership. Organizational structure, the key roles and their responsibilities. What is a Programme Office and what service does it provide.
- THE BUSINESS CASE — Developing, managing and reviewing the programme’s Business Case.
- LEADERSHIP AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT — Leadership as opposed to management. How “leaders” actively engage stakeholders. Analyzing and engaging with stakeholders. Stakeholder maps and matrices.
- MANAGING THE TRANCHES — Implementing governance arrangements. Establishing tranches. Managing risks and issues.
- DELIVERING THE CAPABILITY AND REALIZING THE BENEFITS — Co-ordinating and managing projects on the Project Dossier. Starting and closing projects. Maintaining alignment with the programme. Ensuring that project outputs are fit for purpose and can be integrated into operations, so that benefits can be realized. Pre-transition, transition and post-transition activities.
- QUALITY AND ASSURANCE MANAGEMENT — Critical Success Factors. The scope of programme quality and assurance management. Quality processes. Configuration Management. Quality Management Strategy and Plan. Information Management Strategy and Plan.
- RISK MANAGEMENT AND ISSUE RESOLUTION — Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues. Managing and controlling changes in programmes.
- CLOSING A PROGRAMME — Formal confirmation of completion. Finalizing programme information.
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for MSP® Practitioner
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?