Negotiation Skills Expert
Have you ever found that you had differences with another individual, whether a partner, a colleague, a friend, a child, a boss or even a…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Negotiation Skills Expert
Have you ever found that you had differences with another individual, whether a partner, a colleague, a friend, a child, a boss or even a complete stranger? Then you have been confronted to the need of putting your negotiation skills at work. Yes, negotiation is the way by which people settle disputes of any kind.
In this course, the participants will learn about successful negotiation techniques and using them effectively in a different situation and with people of different levels of power. The participants will learn how their negotiation skills impact the organizations that their represent and their personality. The course also reflects the different types of outcomes that are achieved while negotiating and understand which of these outcomes can be accepted and which one cannot be accepted. At last, but not least, the course also reflect on the influencing process and how things can be achieved without having the proper authority or power.
After a brief introduction each participant has 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves and put their presentation and communication skills in practice among the audience for the first time (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. Each section includes the presentation of two modules, followed by a break. After the final reflection the class is dismissed.
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Process Improvement
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
At the end of this course, you will become a better negotiator as you will be able to :
- Define negotiation and influencing: stages and how to do so effectively
- Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalisation, and active listening
- Understand individuals and organisations: attitude, behaviour, and culture. What each party expects; dealing with emotions, resistance.
- Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge
- Understand communication strategies: effectiveness in communicating (verbal and nonverbal)
- Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts Approaching others for help
- Understand interpersonal skills: importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
- Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, and win-win outcomes
Before We Begin
- Course Dynamics
- Self Evaluation on Advanced Negotiation Skills Knowledge – Class Discussion
Becoming a Better Negotiator
- Communication Skills for Effective Negotiations: Silence, Active Listening, Paraphrasing
- Presentation Skills for Better Negotiation Outcomes: Clarity, Persuasiveness, Confidence
- Video: Watch: A Brief History of Communication – Conclusions
- Video: The Negotiator and the Multi-Stakeholder Dialog
- Importance and Main Tips on Nonverbal Communication – Body Language
- Video: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are – Discussion
- The Negotiator Mindset, Beliefs, Abilities and Qualities
- Questioning Oneself
- Video: The Walk From No to Yes – Discussion
- Opponents Views and Company Drivers
- Best Negotiation Location, Seating,
- What NOT to Do
- Exercise/Role play: The 4 Cards Game
- Option 1: Simulation Game
- Option 2: Monopoly Role Play
- Option 3: Videos, Activities, and Discussions
- Option 4: Special Assignments – Live Negotiations
- Wrap up
- Self Assessment GAP
- Feedback Form
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Negotiation Skills Expert
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?