Negotiation Skills Fundamentals
This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how…
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Negotiation Skills Fundamentals
This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how negotiations impact the organizations and ourselves. Reflect on the different outcomes that can be achieved through negotiation and understand which outcomes are acceptable for the intended objectives. Finally participants reflect on the influencing process and how one can achieve things without having the authority or power.
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. After a brief introduction, participants are given 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves, practicing their presentation and communication skills (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Process Improvement
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define negotiation and influencing stages and how to do so effectively
- Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalisation, active listening
- Understand individuals and organisations’ attitude, behaviour and culture. What each party expects, dealing with emotions and resistance.
- Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge.
- Understand communication strategies, effective , verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Orchestrating a plan, positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts, and approaching others for help.
- Understand interpersonal skills, the importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations and resilience.
- Understand results, risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, win-win outcomes.
Before we Begin
- Course Dynamics
What is Negotiation?
- Stages Involved
- Skills Required
- Importance of Competent Negotiation
- Bargaining Styles: Adversarial and Cooperative
- Video (Pre-class assignment): Introduction to Negotiation Skills – Activity
Planning for Negotiation
- Structure of Negotiation
- Identifying Ideal, Realistic and Fallback positions
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Video #2 – The Negotiator
- Applying a Range of Negotiating Techniques
- Maintaining a Positive, Continuing Relationship
- Measuring the Success of Negotiation
- Defining and Arriving at Win-Win
- Video 3# – The Orange Quarrel and/or Exercise/Role play: The $2 game
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Negotiation Skills Fundamentals
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?