Negotiation Skills Professional
This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how…
What is included in Negotiation Skills Professional
This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how negotiations impact the organizations and ourselves. Reflect on the different outcomes that can be achieved through negotiation and understand which outcomes are acceptable for the intended objectives. Finally participants reflect on the influencing process and how one can achieve things without having the authority or power.
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. After a brief introduction, participants are given 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves, practicing their presentation and communication skills (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
Duration: 2 Days
Domain: Process Improvement
Delivery Method: Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define negotiation and influencing stages and how to do so effectively.
- Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalisation, and active listening.
- Understand individuals and organisations (attitude, behaviour and culture). What each party expects, dealing with emotions, and resistance.
- Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge.
- Understand communication strategies, effectiveness in communicating, verbal and nonverbal
- Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts, and approaching others for help.
- Understand interpersonal skills: importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
- Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, win-win outcomes.
- Understand how to use BAPNA, ZOPA, negotiation canvas and other tools and strategies.
- Understand how communication and presentation skills empower your negotiation abilities.
Before We Begin
- Course Dynamics
- Self Evaluation on Basic Negotiation Skills Knowledge – Class Discussion
- Understanding the Methodology
- Think, Feel, See, Hear, Say and Do
- Giving and Taking
- Points of Interest
- Plan B (Key Arguments and Drawbacks)
BATNA and ZOPA
- BATNA – Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement Intro
- Example/Role play: Selling a Car
- ZOPA – Zone of Possible Agreement or “bargaining range” Intro
- Example/Role Play: Overcoming a Negative Bargaining Zone
- Defining Negotiation Success
- Criteria to Evaluate/Measure Success and Effectiveness
- Exercise/Role Play: Hand Shaking
- Maintaining a Continued Positive Relationship
Influence and persuasion
- General Overview
- Positive and Negative Ways to Influence
- Open Discussion: Sun vs Wind Tale
- Video: Perception and Persuasion
- Video: The Science of Persuasion
Introduction to Communication and Presentation skills
- Communication Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Connecting Strangers
- Presentation Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Words Clearly Spoken and Silence
- Video TED: How to Sound Smart – View and Discuss
- Wrap Up
- Self Assessment GAP
- Feedback Form
- Closing Remarks
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Negotiation Skills Professional
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?