OpenStack administration course teaches you the concepts of the cloud, cloud delivery models, cloud deployment models, OpenStack Architecture and how to install, configure and maintain…
|Certificate||Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA)|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Accreditor||The Linux Foundation|
What is included in OpenStack Administration
OpenStack administration course teaches you the concepts of the cloud, cloud delivery models, cloud deployment models, OpenStack Architecture and how to install, configure and maintain a cloud computing environment using OpenStack Platform. Explore many interesting features of OpenStack Platform through hands-on labs. And also look at the future plans of the OpenStack development community.
This course is designed for corporates & professionals who are already aware of Cloud technologies and have considerable experience working on Linux environment and are looking to quickly scale up to OpenStack.
Certification: Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA)
Duration: 4 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Accreditor: The Linux Foundation
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
This course is for System Administrators who are primarily responsible for operating OpenStack clouds. Administrators and developers deploying applications and infrastructure on OpenStack will also benefit from this course. Knowledge in Linux System Administration, concepts and administration for network, storage and virtual systems is useful. Basic Linux command line skills are required.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand cloud fundamentals and how to manage guests Virtual Machines with OpenStack Compute.
- Learn components of an OpenStack Cloud and reference architecture.
- Learn how to deploy Prerequisite Services and Services Overview.
- Learn Advanced Software Defined Networking with Neutron
- Understand distributed Cloud Storage with Ceph and OpenStack Object Storage with Swift.
- Learn Cloud Security with OpenStack, Monitoring and Metering and Cloud Automation.
Module 1: Introduction
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Foundation Training
- Linux Foundation Certifications
- Laboratory Exercises, Solutions and Resources
- Distribution Details
Module 2: Cloud Fundamentals
- The Cloud
- Conventional Data Center Architecture
- Cloud Architecture
- Basic Tenets of Open Cloud Computing
Module 3: Managing Guests Virtual Machines with OpenStack Compute
- Using OpenStack Dashboard
- Using the python-novaclient Command Line Interfaces
Module 4: Components of an OpenStack Cloud
- General Introduction to OpenStack Components
- OpenStack Compute: Nova
- Overview of Hypervisor Backends
- OpenStack Image Service: Glance
- OpenStack Identity: Keystone
- OpenStack Block Storage: Cinder
- OpenStack Dashboard: Horizon
Module 5: Components of a Cloud – Part Two
- OpenStack Object Storage: Swift
- OpenStack Networking: Neutron
- OpenStack Monitoring: Ceilometer
- OpenStack Orchestration: Heat
- OpenStack DBaaS: Trove
- The Oslo Framework
Module 6: Reference Architecture
- Node Roles
- Best Practices
Module 7: Deploying Prerequisite Services
- Time Management: NTP
- Relational Database
- AMQP Server: RabbitMQ
Module 8: Deploying Services Overview
- Deploying A Service
- Deploying the Glance Image Service
- Deploying Networking with Neutron
Module 9: Advanced Software Defined Networking with Neutron
- An introduction to SDN
- Layer 2 Networking Primer
- An introduction to OpenFlow
- An introduction to Open vSwitch
- L3 and DHCP Primer
- An introduction to Linux Network Namespaces
- Understanding Neutron Packet Flows
- OpenStack Routing Models
- Neutron CLI Options
Module 10: Advanced Software Defined Networking with Neutron – Part Two
- The Neutron ML2 framework
- Alternative Neutron Backends
Module 11: Distributed Cloud Storage with Ceph
- Introduction to Ceph
- RADOS Block Device
- RADOS Gateway
- Deploying a 3-node Ceph Cluster
- Using Ceph RBD for Glance Image Storage
- Using Ceph RBD for Cinder Block Storage
- radosgw for Swift-Compatible Object Access
Module 12: OpenStack Object Storage with Swift
- OpenStack Object Storage: Swift
- Deploying a 3-node Swift Cluster
- Interacting with Swift
Module 13: High Availability in the Cloud
- An introduction to High Availability
- An introduction to the Pacemaker High Availability Stack
- Resource Management in Pacemaker
- Highly Available OpenStack Reference Architecture
- OpenStack VM High Availability
Module 14: Cloud Security with OpenStack
- Keystone Authentication Model
- Network Security
- Hypervisor Security
Module 15: Monitoring and Metering
- Deployment Considerations for Cloud Monitoring
- OpenStack Ceilometer
- Ceilometer Consumers
Module 16: Cloud Automation
- Cloud Configuration Management
- Cloud Deployment
- Full-Scale Deployment Tools
Module 17: Conclusion
- Reference Architecture
- High Availability
- Other features
Module 18: Evaluation Survey
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for OpenStack Administration
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?