Professional Skills Boot Camp
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
Effective professionals have the ability to directly influence the performance and success of their respective organizations. But in order to do so, they must first…Read More
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in Professional Skills Boot Camp
Effective professionals have the ability to directly influence the performance and success of their respective organizations. But in order to do so, they must first master an array of skills that may be unlike any they have ever used before. The Professional Skills Boot Camp is designed to provide you with just such expertise through an introduction to the competencies that they must master in order to transform themselves into high-performing servant leaders/practitioners.
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
This course is designed for any professional who owns the responsibility for a function, leads teams, manages people or simply wants to become more effective in a professional environment. The immediately useful skills taught in the course are a great benefit to:
- Project Managers – both traditional and Agile
- Agile ScrumMasters and Product Owners
- New Managers
- PMO Managers/Directors
- Experienced Professionals who wish to enhance their skills
- Team Leaders
- Business Analysts
- Lead Testers and Developers
- High Potential Employees
- Anyone who wants to improve their management and leadership competencies
Individuals certified at this level:
- Analyze and understand personal business strengths and weaknesses
- Learn specific interpersonal challenges associated with software teams and how to deal with them
- Examine and assess current leadership abilities
- Review strategies for building trust, using power and authority effectively, and how to develop others on a project team
- Improve self-awareness of emotional intelligence
- Learn how to overcome miscommunication between individuals and departments
- Determine strategies for how to prevent a negative employee’s attitude from spreading to other employees
- Learn how to self-manage and lead software teams by example
- Use creativity, quick thinking and voting techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrate competent communication and collaboration skills
- Manage project priorities and personal organization in complex projects
- Perform a gap analysis to begin development mapping
- Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Tips and tricks to become self-motivated when no one is cheering you on
- Deal with difficult employees, co-workers, suppliers or bosses
- Cope with mistakes and failures by turning them into learning opportunities
- Minimize your weaknesses and maximizing your strengths
- Choose appropriate communication and collaboration methods in a socially networked world
- Appreciate different perspectives and examining different sides of situations
- Cope with office politics, hidden agendas and changes
- Learn how to persuade others without manipulating or controlling
- Investigate specific challenges of business analysts and software developers
- Clarifying the differences between leading and managing
- Pinpointing the skills needed to be effective in each role
- Understanding how to balance and improve the two skills sets
- Building trust with others
- Using power efficiently
- Reviewing best practices of successful leaders
- Social Management
- Relationship Management
- Communication channels
- Communication models
- Communication methods
- The Power of Listening
- Coaching models
- Mentoring models
- Providing feedback
Conflict Management & Dealing with Difficult People
- Preferred conflict management styles
- A step-by-step conflict resolution process
- Strategies for handling conflict
Facilitation & Negotiation
- The concept of facilitation and how it differs from traditional methods
- Facilitation tools and techniques; handling difficult facilitating situations
- Preparing for a negotiation session
- The win-win negotiated outcome
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Readying the team/organization for change
- Leading others through any type of change
Assessments and Exercises
- Communicating Organization Direction
- Developing Key Relationships
- Inspiring Others and Directing Operations
- Developing the Organization
- Reinforcing Performance
Benefits Of Working With ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click & Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for Professional Skills Boot Camp
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?
We really enjoy the way the courseware is structured, covering not only the theoretical aspects but also clear real-life examples.
Service Desk Manager At City National Bank