Cloud Software Engineer
The Cloud Software Engineer works in an international team on strategic business systems. You are part of the Platforms Team, which is responsible for configuring…
|Location||Rotterdam, The Netherlands|
About This Role
The Cloud Software Engineer works in an international team on strategic business systems. You are part of the Platforms Team, which is responsible for configuring and extending business applications such as ERP, CRM, eCommerce, Digital Rights Management, etc.. In addition, the Platforms Team designs and develops in-house solutions to manage and deliver ITpreneurs products and services to our B2B customers (training organizations), and to increase the efficiency of our internal processes.
We leverage the full potential of cloud technologies and this is reflected in the architecture, design, and implementation of our systems. Continuous delivery and continuous integration processes are key to increasing the agility of our IT platform.
One of our biggest challenges is to integrate and synchronize data and functionality that is spread across our SaaS and cloud-hosted systems. To realize this, our team constantly develops connectors between our business systems and our proprietary Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS).
We heavily use AWS services as infrastructure for our platform – including: Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, EC2, EBS and Amazon RDS.
- Works closely with the Enterprise Architect to understand and scope requirements from user stories
- Develops customizations, extensions and automations in or around several SaaS systems used within ITpreneurs, notably our ERP system
- Contributes towards integration efforts between the SaaS (ERP, CRM, etc.) and internal (cloud-based) systems
- Estimates the effort required for the design and development of requirements and high-level features
- Implements features in a test-driven development process characterized by short cycles and daily interaction (Scrum)
- Implements and maintains automated unit and integration testing, supported by a fully automated build and deployment process
- Implements and maintains the solution through Continuous Delivery (DevOps)
Why You Should Join
- Our mission is to build the IT platform that will make ITpreneurs the de-facto marketplace for professional IT training content
- Our development team is young, dynamic and works according the latest trends and best practices: Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Continuous Integration
- AWS infrastructure: the industry standard where you can apply and increase your knowledge and skills
- Cloud Compliant: we don’t just host in the cloud, we design our solutions for the cloud
- International & highly innovative team
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive salary
- Opportunities to grow within the company
ITpreneurs is the leading provider of IT training content and services worldwide. Our corporate video explains what we do.
In order to support its anticipated growth and the need to scale the business accordingly, an efficient and effective IT platform is a strategic business enabler for ITpreneurs.
The Platforms team designs the overall IT platform, supports and guides technology selection processes, leads the implementation of new systems, manages and implements system changes, maintains and updates systems as well as supports and trains users.
The Cloud Software Engineer is an exciting role in a young team which is expected to grow rapidly along with the company as a whole. There is a lot of room for growth in the role, the team and the company.
Skills and Expertise
- Min. a Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology or a related field
- 2-4 years development experience
- Min. 2 years experience a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in implementing software solutions from (business) requirements, in particular in or against ERP or similar systems, is a requirement
- Good understanding of business processes within an ERP or similar system is a requirement
- Able to work with version control systems
- Min. 2 years experience developing in/against SaaS systems
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Able to work effectively without day-to-day guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team is desired
- Knowledge of the corporate education and training market is an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential for this role. English as a native language is an advantage.
- Flexibility on working hours
Does this sound like you?
If you are eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit to join a Winning Team of motivated professionals then, please send us your CV with a motivation letter including your existing compensation details to email@example.com