Module 00: Program Overview
- DASA DevOps Overview
- Program Expectation
- DASA DevOps Coach Program at a Glance
- Course Learning Outcome
- Exam Details
Module 01: DevOps Journey – A Quick Preview
- Activity – Recall DevOps Fundamentals
- Activity – IT Industry Evolution
- Traditional, Agile and DevOps
- Impact of Technology Trends
- DevOps Coach & DevOps Leader
- DASA DevOps – Principles
- Case Study
Module 02: DevOps Coach: Coaching for Performance & Change
- Activity – Beer Distribution Game and Bullwhip Effect
- Essence of DevOps Coaching
- DevOps Coaching – Key Dimensions
- Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- DevOps – Representative Value, Behaviors and Delivery Metrics
- Continuous Delivery Maturity Levels
- Performance Analysis Quadrant
- The journey from Challenge to Impact
- Organizational Journey of Change
- Activity – Baselining Your Metrics & Team Engagement
Module 03: Being a DevOps Coach
- Competency Framework
- Coaching Framework
- Core Skills for a DevOps Coach – Contracting, Presence, Listening & Questioning
- Activities – Contracting, Experience Listening, Questioning
- Stakeholder Management
- Mode of Operation of a DevOps Coach – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation, Consulting
- The Switch – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting
Module 04: Team Coaching
- DevOps – Organization and Teams
- DevOps – Team Development
- Role of a DevOps Coach in building DevOps Organization
- Gemba Walk
- DevOps – Team Coaching
- DevOps – Team Coaching in Action
Module 05: DevOps Coach Transformation Journey
- Activity – Preparing & Planning for DevOps Transformation
- Developing the Business Case and Map Costs to Value
- Models DevOps Assessments
- DevOps Transformation & Roadmap
- Implement DevOps Gap findings – Culture, Organization, Process and Automation
- Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Sustain the transformed State
- Bringing it together – applying Learnings to a Case Study
Like all other hyper-growth trends in the IT industry, the adoption of DevOps is not immune to potential misunderstandings and misconceptions. Besides relevant tooling and technology, DevOps predominantly entails a cultural shift towards a new mindset, behaviors, a new organization, and a new way of working.
DASA DevOps Coaches within organizations make remarkable contributions on the ground in developing team members and teams into high performing teams with a new mindset, behaviors, organization, and a way of working. The objective of the Coach is to help teams develop their DevOps skills, knowledge and behavior in order to rapidly become self-sufficient and fully leverage the benefits of DevOps.
Coaches promote and facilitate teams that make them more competent and fulfilled so that they are proficient to contribute to their organization and finding the meaning of DevOps adoption. As a coach, you help to speed up delivery in teams, create more transparency and build a continuous improvement mindset. At the Organization level, you provide strategic coaching and help organizations achieve their transformational goals.
The DASA DevOps Coach program is designed to prepare professionals for working as an effective DevOps Coach. During this intense, activity-based course you become familiar with the characteristics and traits of a successful DevOps Coach, learn about DASA’s coaching model and apply the DASA DevOps Competence Model in teams and organizations.
The DASA DevOps Coach qualification is aimed at:
- Business and IT Managers
- Information Managers
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- DevOps Team Members
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recollect the knowledge of DevOps and connect the role of a DevOps Coach to the DASA DevOps Principles.
- Comprehend the mindset and role of a DevOps Coach.
- Understand the characteristics, structures, and life-cycles of DevOps teams and how to Coach them to high-performance.
- Use the GROW model as an effective tool during the entire coaching process.
- Discover and learn the art of “Feedback” and creating a feedback culture using various “Feedback” models.
- Understand DevOps transformation mastery.
- Distinguish the responsibilities of “DevOps Coach” and “DevOps Leader”.
- Understand that DASA DevOps Coaching is for continuous “Performance” and “Change” – and understand underlying the metrics.
- Apply skills, techniques and mindset shifts and deep dive into inner and outer competencies focusing both what you do, and how you are being.
- Understand and utilize coaching skills and knowledge to create high performing teams that are resilient, innovative, resourceful and ready for their continuous improvements.
- Understand the 4 different key modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting. Learn when, why and how to apply the right mode.
- Apply learnings to build a business case and plan for the DevOps Transformation journey.
- Interpret the DevOps organizational goals and establish the critical role high performing teams have in this.
Please note that if an exam voucher is included, you are able to schedule your exam for up to twelve months.
Certificate: DASA DevOps Coach™
Duration: 24 Hours
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Accreditation: DevOps Agile Skills Association
Delivery: Online, Paper
Format: Closed Book
Proctoring: Web Proctoring
Duration: 90 minutes (15 minutes additional for non-native English Speakers)
Number of questions: 10 simple multiple choice
Pass grade: 65%
You will be able to use the voucher provided with the training material. Once you feel comfortable with the content of the course, our service desk will book the DevOps Agile Skills Association (official DASA DevOps Coach exam provider) exam for you.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
ITpreneurs made it easy to navigate the information available to obtain my ITIL certification. The instructions that followed upon purchasing the materials made for a stress-free process to register for my ITIL examination.
Trusting anyone in advancing your career is not something easy to do. But with ITpreneurs, I found that trust in their content and customer care.