To take the transition module, all candidates must be at Expert level or have a minimum of 17 v3 credits.
Part 1: ITIL 4 Foundation
- Key Concepts of Service Management
- The ITIL Guiding Principles
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- The Service Value System and Service Value Chain
Part 2: Create, Deliver and Support
- ITSM Professionalism
- Resource Planning and Management
- How to Create, Deliver and Support
- Prioritize and Manage Work
Part 3: Drive Stakeholder Value
- Customer Journey
- Foster Relationships
- Shape Demand and Dene Service Offerings
- Onboard and Offboard Customers and Users
- Realize and Validate Service Value
Part 4: High Velocity IT
- Key Concepts of High Velocity IT
- High Velocity IT Objectives
- High Velocity ITIL
- High Velocity IT Culture
Part 5: Direct, Plan and Improve
- Key Concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve
- Role of GRC and Integration into Service Value System
- Organizational Change Management
The ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition module is a bridge course that enables the ITIL v3 professionals to easily transition across to ITIL 4 certification scheme. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module is designed to enable ITIL Experts or professionals with 17 credits to gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional through one course and one exam.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module is to provide candidates with an understanding of the:
- Core concepts and definitions of ITIL 4 Foundation, including the key differences between the previous iteration of ITIL and ITIL 4 and how they can be practically applied.
- Key elements from each one of the four ITIL Managing Professional (MP) modules: Create, Deliver and Support, Drive Stakeholder Value, High Velocity IT and Direct, Plan and Improve.
For taking the ITIL 4 MP Transition exam, a candidate must hold the ITIL Expert certificate or a minimum of 17 credits from the ITIL v3 Foundation and Intermediate/Practitioner modules.
The training for ITIL 4 MP Transition module is targeted towards all practitioners with significant experience in IT service management and who wish to develop their knowledge and application skills for ITIL 4.
For taking the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition exam, a candidate must hold the ITIL Expert certificate or a minimum of 17 credits from the ITIL v3 Foundation and Intermediate/Practitioner modules. ITIL 4 Foundation can be accepted to replace ITIL v3 Foundation, plus 15 credits from ITIL Intermediate/Practitioner modules.
The learning objectives of the course are based on the following learning outcomes of the Managing Professional Transition exam specification:
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how to use a value stream to design, develop and transition new services
- Know how to use a value stream to provide user support
- Know how to coordinate, prioritize and structure work and activities to create deliver and support services, including managing queues and backlogs and prioritizing work
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationship
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realise and validate service value
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise
- Understand how high velocity IT relates to:
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain
- The digital product lifecycle
- Understand the following principles, models and concepts and know how to use the following principles, models and concepts:
- Safety culture
- Lean culture
- Toyota Kata
- Service-dominant logic
- Design thinking
- Complexity thinking
- Identify the scope of control and within this
- Know how to cascade goals and requirements
- Know how to define effective policies, controls and guidelines
- Know how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- Understand the role of risk and risk management in DPI
- Understand how governance impacts DPI
- Know how to ensure that controls are sufficient, but not excessive
- Understand the nature, scope and potential benefits of organizational change management
- Know how to use the key principles and methods of communication & organizational change management
- Self-Study e-book
- Pre-course Reading
- Post-course Reading
Please note that if an exam voucher is included, you are able to schedule your exam for up to twelve months.
Certificate: ITIL® 4 Managing Professional
Duration: 40 Hours
Domain: Service Management
- Self-Study e-book
- Pre-course Reading
- Post-course Reading
Format: Closed Book
Proctoring: Web Proctoring
Duration: 90 minutes
Number of questions: 40 simple multiple choice
Pass grade: 70%
You will be able to use the voucher provided with the training material. Once you feel comfortable with the content of the course, our service desk will book the PEOPLECERT (official ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition exam provider) exam for you.
With our Master Trainer, Marcel Foederer, as a member of the AXELOS Lead Architect Team, we helped to develop ITIL 4 and know ITIL 4 inside out. With a proven track record dating back to 2002, we provide countless professionals and training organizations (both as Affiliate and ATO) their ITIL courseware.
Yes, the examination fee is included in the course price.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
ITpreneurs made it easy to navigate the information available to obtain my ITIL certification. The instructions that followed upon purchasing the materials made for a stress-free process to register for my ITIL examination.
Trusting anyone in advancing your career is not something easy to do. But with ITpreneurs, I found that trust in their content and customer care.