- Course Introduction
- Introduction to the Electronic Business Reporting Environment
- XBRL as an Electronic Business Reporting Standard
- Architecture of the XBRL Standard and Its Key Components
- Building Blocks and Functionalities of an XBRL Taxonomy and Instance Document
- Electronic Business Reporting Supply Chain and XBRL Implementation
The ITpreneurs XBRL Foundation eLearning course is the best learning path for professionals who work in accounting and finance to learn the essentials of XBRL from both a business and technical perspective.
The course ensures that you understand how this reporting standard can be leveraged to improve business and financial reporting. Completion of this online course enables you to understand:
- The essentials of XBRL
- Tagging, taxonomies and instance documents
- The impact XBRL has on the business reporting chain
Foundation eLearning + Exam = XBRL Certified
This course has been designed to introduce you to the broad picture of XBRL, and provide you with the knowlegde and confidence to make the right decisions using the XBRL taxonomies. The course ensures that you understand how this reporting standard can be leveraged to improve business and financial reporting. After completion of the course, you will take the exam to become officially certified by the XBRL International, Inc (XII). As an XBRL Certified Professional, you will successfully facilitate XBRL projects by providing stakeholders with the knowlegde and understanding of XBRL architecture and its key components.
- Finance Staff members who have direct responsibility for implementing XBRL filing requirements.
- CFOs, Controllers, External Reporting Managers
- XBRL Implementation Project Managers
- XBRL Consultants
- Analysts and Investors who want to streamline their professional work
- System Architects, Application Designers and Developers who facilitate solutions
- Data exchange formats in the electronic business reporting process (informational and operational reporting, standards and proprietary solutions).
- Challenges of electronic communication of business data and how they are addressed by the XBRL standard.
- Application of XBRL in different reporting scenarios with reference to existing international and national projects.
- XBRL standard development and governance (key milestones, organization and supporters).
- XBRL specifications and their coverage of business-reporting-related functionalities.
- XBRL architecture: relation between taxonomies and instance documents.
- XBRL taxonomy content: declaration of business concepts, purpose and semantics of various linkbases.
- Content of XBRL instance documents: Contexts, fact values and footnotes.
- Integration of XBRL in the business reporting chain: Impact of XBRL implementation on data collection, transfer, validation, storage and subsequent usage.
- Self-Study e-book
Please note that if an exam voucher is included, you are able to schedule your exam for up to twelve months.
Certificate: XBRL Foundation
Duration: 10 hours
- Self-Study e-book
Format: Closed Book
Proctoring: Web Proctoring
Duration: 60 minutes
Number of questions: 40 simple multiple choice
Pass grade: 70%
You will be able to use the voucher provided with the training material. Once you feel comfortable with the content of the course, our service desk will book the XBRL (official XBRL Foundation exam provider) exam for you.
The XBRL Logo is a trademark or service mark of XBRL International, Inc., registered in the United States and in other countries.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
ITpreneurs made it easy to navigate the information available to obtain my ITIL certification. The instructions that followed upon purchasing the materials made for a stress-free process to register for my ITIL examination.
Trusting anyone in advancing your career is not something easy to do. But with ITpreneurs, I found that trust in their content and customer care.