HDI® KCS Principles
This courseware is available in a Virtual Classroom configuration.
Knowledge-Centered Services (KCS), developed by the Consortium for Service Innovation, is a methodology and a set of processes and practices that leverage knowledge as a…Read More
|Certificate||HDI Knowledge-Centered Services Principles (HDI-KCS)|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
What is included in HDI® KCS Principles
Knowledge-Centered Services (KCS), developed by the Consortium for Service Innovation, is a methodology and a set of processes and practices that leverage knowledge as a key asset of the support organization. KCS is proven to allow service and support organizations to significantly improve service levels to customers, gain operational efficiencies, and increase the organization’s value to the company through knowledge management.
This course will provide support center supervisors, managers, and directors with a set of practical steps for capturing, storing, and successfully reusing knowledge. Participants will learn how to implement a strategy for adopting Knowledge-Centered Services that creates and maintains knowledge as a by-product of the incident management process. This course aligns with the KCS Practices Guide v6.0.
Certification: HDI Knowledge-Centered Services Principles (HDI-KCS)
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Information Management
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- Individuals who are preparing for the KCS Principles certification exam
- Project Managers
- Support Center Professionals
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn how to efficiently create and maintain quality, easy-to-find content in the knowledge base.
- Understand a process for monitoring the quality of knowledge.
- Learn ways to motivate staff to use the knowledge base and to effectively assess individual and team contributions.
- Learn how you can minimize or eliminate the need for a knowledge engineering function.
- Learn how to articulate the value of knowledge management practices for your organization.
- Understand a strategy for sustainable success that minimizes investments in knowledge workflow and maximizes the return.
- Learn how to align your knowledge management strategy with ITIL® implementation.
- Learn how to identify and avoid the common pitfalls associated with knowledge management.
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: About HDI
Unit 1: What is Knowledge-Centered Service?
- Section 1: What is Knowledge-Centered Service?
- Section 2: What led to the Development of KCS?
- Section 3: Why do you need KCS?
- Section 4: What are the Benefits of KCS?
Unit 2: The KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- Section 1: KCS Principles
- Section 2: KCS Core Concepts
Unit 3: The KCS Practices
- Section 1: The KCS Practices
- Section 2: Understanding KCS
- Section 3: The KCS Methodologies
Unit 4: Aligning KCS with the Business
- Section 1: Aligning Business Goals and Objectives
- Section 2: Providing Additional Value with KCS
- Section 3: KCS Benefits and Return on Investment (ROI)
Unit 5: Content Health
- Overview: What is Content Health
- Section 1: KCS Article Structure
- Section 2: KCS Article State
- Section 3: Developing A Content Standard
- Section 4: Creating Evolve Loop Articles
- Section 5: Archiving Old Articles
- Section 6: Dealing with Legacy Data
- Section 7: Priming the Knowledge Base
- Section 8: Global Support Considerations
- Section 9: Knowledge Domain Analysis
- Section 10: Content Health Indicators
- Section 11: Self-Service Success
- Section 12: Self-Service Measures
Unit 6: KCS Roles and Responsibilities
- Section 1: KCS Roles and Licensing Model
- Section 2: The KCS Licensing Model
- Section 3: Defining Roles and Competencies
Unit 7: Process Integration
- Section 1: Process Integration
- Section 2: Structured Problem Solving
- Section 3: Seamless Technology Integration
- Section 4: Search Technology Integration
- Section 5: Closed Loop Feedback
- Section 6: KCS Process Integration Indicators
Unit 8: Performance Assessment
- Review: The KCS Licensing Model
- Section 1: Assessing the Creation of Value
- Section 2: Feedback and Reputation Model
Unit 9: Leadership
- Section 1: Leadership
- Section 2: Tap into Internal Motivators
- Section 3: Recognition Programs
- Section 4: Compelling Purpose
- Section 5: Promote Teamwork
Unit 10: Communication
- Section 1: Communication
- Section 2: Key Messaging and Elevator Pitches
- Section 3: Handling Questions and Objections
- Section 4: Programs for Social Engagement
Unit 11: Technology
- Section 1: Functional Requirement
- Section 2: Technology Selection
- Section 3: KCS Verified
Unit 12: The KCS Adoption Roadmap
- Section 1: The KCS Adoption Program
- Section 2: Adoption Phases
- Section 3: Adoption Roles
- Section 4: KCS Implementation Strategy
- Section 5: KCS Investment
- Section 6: Critical Success Factors
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for HDI® KCS Principles
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?