ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
This Advanced Level course builds on the knowledge and skills acquired at the Foundation Level. In this course, you will learn to recognize, classify, and…
|Certificate||ISTQB® Advanced Technical Test Analyst|
|Delivery||Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom|
|Languages||English, Spanish, French, German|
What is included in ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
This Advanced Level course builds on the knowledge and skills acquired at the Foundation Level. In this course, you will learn to recognize, classify, and plan the testing to mitigate typical quality risks associated with performance, security, reliability, portability, and maintainability. The course enables you to select and apply the appropriate structure-based test design technique and write effective test cases. You will also learn to use control and data flow analysis to detect code anomalies, propose ways of improving code maintainability, and know when the use of dynamic analysis is appropriate. The course helps you learn how to contribute to the test planning for nonfunctional requirements, define the approach, and design high-level test cases for security, reliability, and performance testing. It also helps you define the types of defects targeted by these types of testing. Moreover, you will learn how to analyze an architectural design and a section of code, and identify problems using a checklist. The course helps you understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation and develop a keyword table for test automation based on a given business process.
Holding the ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certificate entitles you to use the Certified Technical Tester Advanced Level acronym CTAL-TTA.
Certification: ISTQB® Advanced Technical Test Analyst
Duration: 3 Days
Domain: Solution Development and Deployment
Delivery Method: Blended, Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Available Languages: English, Spanish, French, German
Purchase Options: Pay Per Use Courseware
- Software Developers and Testers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the general risk factors that the Technical Test Analyst typically needs to consider.
- Summarize the activities of the Technical Test Analyst within a risk-based approach for planning and executing testing.
- Write test cases for a given specification item applying the Decision/Condition, Modified Condition/Decision Coverage (MC/DC), and the Multiple Condition testing test design techniques to achieve a defined level of coverage.
- Write test cases from a given specification item applying the path testing test design technique.
- Select an appropriate structure-based technique according to a given project situation.
- Use control flow analysis to detect if code has any control flow anomalies.
- Use data flow analysis to detect if code has any data flow anomalies.
- Propose ways to improve the maintainability of code applying static analysis.
- Specify goals to achieve by the use of dynamic analysis.
- Analyze nonfunctional requirements and write the respective sections of the test plan for a particular project and the system under the test.
- Define the approach and design high-level test cases for security testing.
- Define the approach and design high-level test cases for the reliability quality characteristic and its corresponding ISO 9126 sub characteristics.
- Define the approach and design high-level operational profiles for performance testing.
- Define nonfunctional test type(s) that are most appropriate for a particular product risk.
- Define types of defects using nonfunctional testing types that you want to find for a given scenario.
- Analyze an architectural design and identify problems according to the checklist provided in the syllabus.
- Analyze a section of code or pseudocode and identify problems according to the checklist provided in the syllabus.
- Create a keyword table for test automation based on a given business process.
- Introduction, Risk Identification, Assessment, and Mitigation
- Condition Testing
- Decision Condition Testing
- Modified Condition/Decision Testing
- Multiple Condition Testing
- Path Testing
- API Testing
- Selecting a Structure-Based Technique
- Introduction and Control Flow Diagrams
- Static Analysis: Control Flow Analysis
- Static Analysis: Data Flow Analysis
- Improving Maintainability
- Call Graphs
- Dynamic Analysis
Testing of Software Characteristics
- General Planning Issues
- Security Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Performance Testing
- Resource Use
- Maintainability Testing
- Portability Testing
- Using Checklists in Reviews
Test Tools and Automation
- Integration and Information Interchange Between Tools
- Defining the Test Automation Project
- Selecting the Automation Approach
- Modelling Business Processes for Automation
- Specific Test Tools
Benefits of Working with ITpreneurs
Ready-to-use training materials means faster time to revenue. Offer relevant training to your clients: order accredited training materials, book exams, and drive results.
We continue to innovate our portfolio. We offer blended learning programs, video-based learning as well as interactive learning tracks.
An intuitive ordering process and fully automated delivery portal that integrates with your own delivery processes make your life easy.
You get extensive guidance for instructors, ensuring optimal deliveries, every time. Don’t have an instructor? Use one of ours!
Our printed books, ebooks, or printable books are branded with your logo and name. Your customers will log into your branded portal.
You get various flavors of courseware, ensuring there always is an option that suits your needs.
Click and Consume
A flexible pay-per-use model for courseware, exams and instructors offers you full flexibility instantly.
Partner with ITpreneurs for ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
Interested in licensing our courseware for your training organization or corporate training environment?