The Professional Cloud Developer (PCD) course provides application developers a thorough understanding, and working-level knowledge, of vendor-neutral application design principles, ensuring that applications provide the most value throughout the application lifecycle. The course covers best practices on application design for cloud environments and supports many vendor technology solutions, covering Open Source and major Vendor Standards. The principles covered in the course apply to the entire application lifecycle, and are relevant to any technology or platform.
The course material includes various reference materials that help to continue participants’ educational experience when they are back at work after completion of the course. The PCD is endorsed, recognized and supported by several key technology vendors and standards bodies. The content for this course, as well as the PCD certification, is based on the cloud standards developed by NIST.
- Course Introduction
- Cloud Architecture Patterns
- Service Modularity, Encapsulation, and Orchestration
- Development Monetization Techniques
- Cloud Security and Compliance Fundamentals
- Metadata and Semantic
- Deployment and Testing in the Cloud
- IaaS – Deployment Automation and Elasticity Planning
- PaaS: Tenant-Aware Application Development
- PaaS Application Architecture Models
- PaaS: Interoperable Cloud Code
- SaaS: Cloud Service Catalogs and Application Marketplaces
- SaaS: Mashups and Open APIS
Certificate: Professional Cloud Developer
Domain: Emerging Technologies
- Self-Study e-book
- Exam Voucher
Accreditation: Cloud Credential Council
The PCD course will be of interest to:
- Application Developers
- Cloud Architects
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Cloud Architecture Patterns, caching, RESTful services and session management, together with security and compliance fundamentals in cloud.
- Apply and analyze knowledge about database integrations, messaging in cloud environment, and scalable coding.
- Understand development monetization techniques and license models.
- Apply knowledge about semantic web and ontologies.
- Understand development and deployment in IaaS.
- Understand tenant aware application development, interoperable cloud code and application architecture models in PaaS.
- Understand software development in SaaS, development of APIs and Mashups together with understanding of cloud service catalogues and application marketplaces.
Format: Closed Book
Proctoring: Web proctored
Duration: 75 minutes (15 minutes additional for non-native English Speakers)
Number of questions: 40 simple multiple choice
Pass grade: 65%