Demand for Project Managers Continues to Grow Globally
More Than 1.3 Million New Project Management Roles Are Needed by 2020
I recently read an article* from PMI® (Project Management Institute) that the demand for project management practitioners will continue to be high. According to the article, companies in growing economies like China and India, are embracing project management processes and are striving to train their staff.
In Asia, the growth in construction projects has created huge opportunities for project management skills. Meanwhile, organizations recovering from the global recession in developed countries, are looking for project managers who can execute projects strategically to improve the bottom line.
Some of the top regional hot spots include:
- United States: The U.S. healthcare sector has accounted for 13% of the country’s urban job growth.
- Canada: The PMI’s Project Management Talent Gap Report projects that 582,366 new project management roles are needed by 2020.
- Brazil: According to PMI, more than 1.3 million new project management roles are needed by 2020.
How You Can Take Advantage of the Project Management Skills Gap
To address the growing demand for project management skills, ITpreneurs has kicked off the first quarter with the expansion of our current Project & Program Management (PPM) portfolio to include:
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) offers best practice guidance to all organizations—large or small, public or private sector-—to help them achieve successful outcomes from transformational change.
- Management of Risk (M_o_R®) offers a route map for risk management.
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) provides universally applicable guidance to help individuals and organizations successfully establish, develop and maintain appropriate governance structures to support portfolio, program and project management.
- Management of Portfolios (MoP®) provides senior executives and practitioners, who have responsibility for planning and implementing portfolios of change, with a set of principles, techniques and practices to introduce or re-energize portfolio management.
- Management of Value (MoV®) provides essential guidance on the most efficient use of resources to maximize the benefits from projects, programs and portfolios.
To better serve our partners, we’re continuously growing our portfolio to deliver relevant and effective solutions for IT training providers.
* Note that the 2014 report is no longer available as it it replaced by the 2015 report.