Service providers do not work in isolation. Therefore, external factors can influence the way they work. The PESTLE model helps analyze these factors.
- Political factors are about how the government can impact an organization and the way they work.
- Economic factors impact the way an organization does business and profitability.
- Social factors impact customers’ needs due to changes in the social environment.
- Technological factors impact the development, distribution, manufacturing, and logistics due to changes in digital or mobile technology, automation, and research and development.
- Legal factors focus on how organizations are allowed to operate within territories.
- Environmental factors are becoming important these days due to the rise of Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) and ecological aspects.
About the author
Master Trainer at ITpreneurs and ITIL 4 Lead Architect
As an IT Service Management trainer, consultant and line manager with over 25 years of experience in IT, Marcel has performed strategic and tactical assignments in a wide variety of areas. For the ITIL 4 update, Marcel has been part of the ITIL 4 Lead Architect Team and Review Team at AXELOS. Through his association with AXELOS, Marcel comprehends the background, the architecture, and the underlying reasons of the ITIL 4 update.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.