Service providers do not work in isolation. Therefore, external factors can influence the way they work. The PESTLE model helps analyze these factors.
- Political factors are about how the government can impact an organization and the way they work.
- Economic factors impact the way an organization does business and profitability.
- Social factors impact customers’ needs due to changes in the social environment.
- Technological factors impact the development, distribution, manufacturing, and logistics due to changes in digital or mobile technology, automation, and research and development.
- Legal factors focus on how organizations are allowed to operate within territories.
- Environmental factors are becoming important these days due to the rise of Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) and ecological aspects.
About the author
As an IT Service Management trainer, consultant and line manager with over 25 years of experience in IT, Marcel has performed strategic and tactical assignments in a wide variety of areas. For the ITIL 4 update, Marcel has been part of the ITIL 4 Lead Architect Team and Review Team at AXELOS. Through his association with AXELOS, Marcel comprehends the background, the architecture, and the underlying reasons of the ITIL 4 update.