How Cloud Training Helps Organizations Who Use or Want to Use TOGAF®
Optimizing cloud services in enterprise architecture can be a challenge for companies. TOGAF is a vendor neutral, best practice enterprise architecture framework. It has been developed over many years to encompass the architecture best practice principles for the design and development of enterprise solutions for IT. The framework covers many of the components, architecture layers and architecture models for business, information systems, applications, data, and technology and solution governance lifecycles.
TOGAF, now, includes a cloud ecosystem reference framework that links to an Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) reference model, offering rich content of architecture best practices.
Specialized Training in Cloud Architecture
The challenge of using these proven reference models and building blocks is to apply them to real business and vendor solution technologies and models—to meet specific business and technical solution needs. It is the WHAT and the HOW that the course and certification for the Professional Cloud Solution Architect addresses. Specifically, how to take the vocabulary and references of the TOGAF models and apply them professionally (and accurately) to a cloud architecture solution. Specialized education in cloud architecture practice can help with the following:
- How to evaluate and select the right types of Cloud Services covering SaaS, PaaS and IaaS; and deployment architecture options including, Hosting, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Community Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
- How to adapt and define workloads for cloud that now include new architecture solutions covering social networks collaboration, mobility, big data and integration.
- How new business models are supported and enabled with the right cloud architecture.
- How to develop the “softer” issues not covered by TOGAF, around:
- the monetization and types of capacity and subscription charging models,
- the types of specialist business cases for ROI for specific types of cloud architecture solutions; and
- the risk and adoption roadmaps specifically tailored and designed for cloud solution deployment.
- How to understand and unpack the terminology and complexity of cloud computing: Customers, practitioners and providers often face several competing cloud ecosystem models that can result in confusing design and architecture choices.
The Professional Cloud Architecture Course has been designed by subject matter experts who have practical experience in a wide range of cloud solutions. The certification training is designed to support specific technical vendor training, adding best practice architecture design principles and practices. Whether you’re a specialist on VMware, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google apps, or are focused on cloud management tools or Integration, the certification will enable you to maximize your technical skills with up-to-date experience and knowledge to put these technologies INTO PRACTICE.
Training can help to demystify critical cloud architecture issues and, most importantly, establish the correct types of architecture templates to design and manage cloud services.